Has the Special Economic Zone Approach Improve Ghana¡¯s Competitiveness in the Global Market?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wu, Huaqing & Lv, Kui & Liang, Liang & Hu, Hanhui, 2017. "Measuring performance of sustainable manufacturing with recyclable wastes: A case from China’s iron and steel industry," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 66(PA), pages 38-47.
- Måns S–derbom & Francis Teal, 2003. "Are Manufacturing Exports the Key to Economic Success in Africa?," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 12(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Thomas Farole, 2011. "Special Economic Zones in Africa : Comparing Performance and Learning from Global Experience," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2268, June.
- Litwack, John M. & Qian, Yingyi, 1998. "Balanced or Unbalanced Development: Special Economic Zones as Catalysts for Transition," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 117-141, March.
- Addy, Samuel N, 1998. "Ghana: revival of the mineral sector," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 229-239, December.
- Chi‐Keung Lau & Kin‐Man To & Zhiming Zhang & Jing Chen, 2009. "Determinants of Competitiveness: Observations in China's Textile and Apparel Industries," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 17(2), pages 45-64, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- John Page, 2012. "Aid, Structural Change and the Private Sector in Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2012-021, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Page, John, 2012. "Aid, Structural Change and the Private Sector in Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 021, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Sarpong, Daniel Bruce & Wolf, Susanna, 2008. "Export Performance and Investment Behaviour of Firms in Ghana," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Zurich 2008 46, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Olivier Cadot & Jaime de Melo & Patrick Plane & Laurent Wagner & Martha Tesfaye Woldemichael, 2016.
"Industrialisation et transformation structurelle : l’Afrique subsaharienne peut-elle se développer sans usines ?,"
Revue d’économie du développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 24(2), pages 19-49.
- Olivier CADOT & Jaime DE MELO & Patrick PLANE & Laurent WAGNER & Martha Tesfaye WOLDEMICHAEL, 2015. "Industrialisation et transformation structurelle : l’Afrique sub-saharienne peut-elle se développer sans usines ?," Working Papers P143, FERDI.
- Olivier Cadot & Jaime de Melo & Patrick Plane & Laurent Wagner & Martha Tesfaye Woldemichael, 2016. "Industrialisation et transformation structurelle : l’Afrique subsaharienne peut-elle se développer sans usines ?," Post-Print hal-02138850, HAL.
- Olivier Cadot & Jaime de Melo & Patrick Plane & Laurent Wagner & Martha Tesfaye Woldemichael, 2015. "Industrialisation et transformation structurelle : l'Afrique sub-saharienne peut-elle se développer sans usines ?," Working Papers halshs-02136699, HAL.
- Radosław Pastusiak & Monika Bolek & Magdalena Jasiniak & Jakub Keller, 2018. "Effectiveness of special economic zones of Poland," Zbornik radova Ekonomskog fakulteta u Rijeci/Proceedings of Rijeka Faculty of Economics, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Economics, vol. 36(1), pages 263-285.
- Yoshino, Yutaka, 2008. "Domestic constraints, firm characteristics, and geographical diversification of firm-level manufacturing exports in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4575, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2007. "Uganda - Moving Beyond Recovery : Investment and Behavior Change, For Growth, Volume 1. Summary and Recommendations," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7576, The World Bank.
- repec:unu:wpaper:wp2012-21 is not listed on IDEAS
- Will Martin, 2018. "High-Value Agricultural Exports from Africa," Policy notes & Policy briefs 1803, Policy Center for the New South.
- Mohamed Chaffai & Patrick Plane, 2017. "Firm Productivity, Technology and Export Status, What Can We Learn from Egyptian Industries?," Working Papers 1134, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 Jun 2017.
- Zheng, Guo & Barbieri, Elisa & Di Tommaso, Marco R. & Zhang, Lei, 2016. "Development zones and local economic growth: zooming in on the Chinese case," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 238-249.
- Qiong Xia & Min Li & Huaqing Wu & Zhenggang Lu, 2016. "Does the Central Government’s Environmental Policy Work? Evidence from the Provincial-Level Environment Efficiency in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-17, December.
- Ronald B. Davies & Rodolphe Desbordes, 2018. "Export Processing Zones and the Composition of Greenfield FDI," Working Papers 201807, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Hilson, Gavin, 2002. "Harvesting mineral riches: 1000 years of gold mining in Ghana," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 13-26.
- Teresa Cheng, SC, . "From special economic zones to greater special economic region – Hong Kong Special Administrative Region as a model for legal infrastructure design," UNCTAD Transnational Corporations Journal, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Wei GE, 1999. "The Dynamics Of The Exports-Processing Zone," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 144, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Clarke, George R.G., 2005. "Beyond tariffs and quotas : why don't African manufacturers export more?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3617, The World Bank.
- Jorg Mayer & Pilar Fajarnes, 2008.
"Tripling Africa's Primary Exports: What, How, Where?,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(1), pages 80-102.
- Jörg Mayer & Pilar Fajarnes, 2005. "Tripling Africa´S Primary Exports: What? How? Where?," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 180, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Bresnahan, Lauren & Coxhead, Ian & Foltz, Jeremy & Mogues, Tewodaj, 2016.
"Does Freer Trade Really Lead to Productivity Growth? Evidence from Africa,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 18-29.
- Bresnahan, Lauren & Coxhead, Ian & Foltz, Jeremey & Mogues, Tewodaj, 2013. "Does freer trade really lead to productivity growth?: Evidence from Africa," IFPRI discussion papers 1262, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bresnahan, Lauren R. & Coxhead, Ian & Foltz, Jeremy & Mogues, Tewodaj, 2016. "Does Freer Trade Really Lead to Productivity Growth? Evidence from Africa," Staff Paper Series 583, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Cornelius Dube & Wellington Matsika & Gamuchirai Chiwunze, 2020. "Special economic zones in Southern Africa: Is success influenced by design attributes?," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2020-61, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Sean M. Dougherty & Robert H. McGuckin, 2001.
"The Effect of Ownership Structure and Jurisdictional Governance on Productivity in Chinese Enterprises,"
Economics Program Working Papers
02-01, The Conference Board, Economics Program, revised Jan 2002.
- Sean M. Dougherty & Robert H. McGuckin, 2004. "The Effects of Federalism and Privatization on Productivity in Chinese Firms," Development and Comp Systems 0411016, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsGhana; Special Economic Zones; Revealed Comparative Advantage; Trade; Export patterns; Free zones;
All these keywords.
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- Z0 - Other Special Topics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mth:ber888:v:7:y:2017:i:2:p:19-34. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Technical Support Office) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Technical Support Office to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://www.macrothink.org/journal/index.php/ber .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.