Impact of Corporate Governance on Financial Performance: Karachi Stock Exchange, Pakistan
The aim of the research is to understand the impact of corporate governance on financial performance of listed companies on Karachi Stock Exchange Pakistan. Data was collected from forty two companies from different sectors like, insurance, banking, investment banking, and sugar industries. Study includes variables like profit margin & return on equity as a dependent (profitability) and board size, audit committee, annual general meetings & chief executive office (corporate governance). Using Pooled OLS, the result of the study proved those board size and audit committees have positive relationship with Profit margin and Return on Equity, if any independent variable changes it also stimulus the positively changing impact on Return on Equity (ROE) and Audit Committee (AC). This research offers imminent guidelines to the policy and decision makers in any type of firms to take good decision to set their firms hierarchy system.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anderson, Ronald C. & Mansi, Sattar A. & Reeb, David M., 2004. "Board characteristics, accounting report integrity, and the cost of debt," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 315-342, September.
- Khanna, Madhu & Damon, Lisa A., 1999. "EPA's Voluntary 33/50 Program: Impact on Toxic Releases and Economic Performance of Firms," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Yermack, David, 1996. "Higher market valuation of companies with a small board of directors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 185-211, February.
- Karpoff, Jonathan M. & Malatesta, Paul H. & Walkling, Ralph A., 1996. "Corporate governance and shareholder initiatives: Empirical evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 365-395, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mth:ber888:v:6:y:2016:i:2:p:401-411. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Technical Support Office)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.