The Chronicle of Economic Growth in Southeast Asian Countries: Does Thirlwall’s Law Provide an Adequate Explanation?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Krueger, Anne O., 1990. "Perspectives on Trade and Development," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 1, number 9780226454900, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gökçe, Atilla & Çankal, Erhan, 2013. "Balance-of-payments constrained growth model for the Turkish economy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 140-144.
- Araujo, Ricardo Azevedo, 2013.
"Cumulative causation in a structural economic dynamic approach to economic growth and uneven development,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 130-140.
- Araujo, Ricardo, 2011. "Cumulative Causation in a Structural Economic Dynamic Approach to Economic Growth and Uneven Development," MPRA Paper 29960, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anthony Philip Thirlwall, 2012.
"Balance of Payments Constrained Growth Models: History and Overview,"
Palgrave Macmillan Books, in: Elias Soukiazis & Pedro A. Cerqueira (ed.), Models of Balance of Payments Constrained Growth, chapter 1, pages 11-49,
- Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2011. "Balance of payments constrained growth models: history and overview," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 64(259), pages 307-351.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 2011. "Balance of Payments Constrained Growth Models: History and Overview," Studies in Economics 1111, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Arslan Razmi, 2005. "Balance of Payments Constrained Growth Model: The Case of India," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2005-05, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Arslan Razmi, 2005. "Balance-of-payments-constrained growth model: the case of India," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(4), pages 655-687.
- Raphael Rocha Gouvea & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2010.
"Structural change, balance-of-payments constraint, and economic growth: evidence from the multisectoral Thirlwall's law,"
Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(1), pages 169-204, October.
- Raphael Rocha Gouvêa & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2011. "Structural Change,Balance-of-Payments Constraint and Economic Growth: Evidence from the Multi-Sectoral Thirlwall’s Law," Anais do XXXVII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 37th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 74, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- A. P. Thirlwall, 2013. "Economic Growth in an Open Developing Economy," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 15208.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Shahla, Shapouri & Rosen, Stacey, 1991. "Dairy Imports in Sub-Saharan Africa and the Welfare Implications of Import Policies," Staff Reports 278581, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Julien Gourdon, 2011.
"Wage inequality in developing countries: South–South trade matters,"
International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 58(4), pages 359-383, December.
- Julien GOURDON, 2007. "Trade and Wage Inequality in Developing Countries: South-South Trade Matter," Working Papers 200710, CERDI.
- Julien Gourdon, 2011. "Trade and Wage Inequality in Developing Countries: South-South Trade Matter," Working Papers halshs-00557113, HAL.
- Gourdon, Julien, 2007. "Trade and Wage Inequality in Developing Countries: South-South Trade Matters," MPRA Paper 4177, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Green, Francis & Dickerson, Andy & Saba Arbache, Jorge, 2001.
"A Picture of Wage Inequality and the Allocation of Labor Through a Period of Trade Liberalization: The Case of Brazil,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1923-1939, November.
- Francis Green & Andy Dickerson & Jorge Saba Arbache, 2000. "A Picture of Wage Inequality and the Allocation of Labour Through a Period of Trade Liberalisation: The Case of Brazil," Studies in Economics 0013, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Jorge Saba Arbache, 2001.
"Trade Liberalisation and Labor Markets in Developing Countries: Theory and Evidence,"
Studies in Economics
0112, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Jorge Saba Arbache, 2015. "Trade Liberalization and Labor Markets in Developing Countries: Theory and Evidence," Discussion Papers 0110, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Nasim Shah Shirazi & Turkhan Ali Abdul Manap, 2005. "Export-Led Growth Hypothesis: Further Econometric Evidence From South Asia," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 43(4), pages 472-488, December.
- Bushra Yasmin, 2009. "Trade Liberalization and the Lead Role of Human Capital and Job Attributes in Wage Determination: The Case of Pakistan’s Labor Market," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 14(1), pages 1-37, Jan-Jun.
- Andy Kwan & John Cotsomitis & Benjamin Kwok, 1999. "Exports, economic growth and structural invariance: evidence from some Asian NICs," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(4), pages 493-498.
- Nunnenkamp, Peter, 1992.
"Economic policies and attractiveness for foreign capital: the experience of highly indebted Latin American countries,"
Kiel Working Papers
539, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Nunnenkamp, Peter, 1993. "Economic policies and attractiveness for foreign capital: The experience of highly indebted Latin American countries," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 2036, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Maseland, Robbert & Vaal, Albert de, 2001. "How fair is fair trade?," Research Report 01C48, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Gripsrud, Geir & Benito, Gabriel R. G., 1995. "Promoting imports from developing countries: A marketing perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 141-148, February.
- Richard Damania, 1999. "Regulation and Monitoring with Corrupt Bureaucrats," School of Economics Working Papers 1999-04, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Douglas A. Irwin, 2000. "Ohlin Versus Stolper-Samuelson?," NBER Working Papers 7641, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Akorli, Edem, 2017. "The Effects of Exchange Rates on Trade Balance in Ghana," MPRA Paper 88833, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andy Kwan & Yangru Wu & Junxi Zhang, 1998. "An exogeneity analysis of financial deepening and economic growth: evidence from Hong Kong, South Korea and Taiwan," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(3), pages 339-354.
- Flambert, Anouk M. & Emerson, Robert D., 2000. "Trade Preferences And The Windward Island Banana Industry: Rent Distribution And Implications For Trade Policy," Farm and Business - The Journal of the Caribbean Agro-Economic Society, Caribbean Agro-Economic Society, vol. 4(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Gundlach, Erich & Agarwal, Jamuna Prasad, 1994. "Globalisation of production and markets," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 807, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Funke, Norbert & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Schweickert, Rainer, 1992. "Brazil: Another lost decade? Domestic policies and attractiveness for foreign capital," Kiel Discussion Papers 188, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Jorge Saba Arbache, 2004. "Do Structural Reforms always Succeed?: Lessons from Brazil," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2004-58, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- P. J. Dawson, 2005. "Agricultural exports and economic growth in less developed countries," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 33(2), pages 145-152, September.
- Shib Sankar Jana & Tarak Nath Sahu & Krishna Dayal Pandey, 2020. "How far is FDI relevant to India’s foreign trade growth? An empirical investigation," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 9(1), pages 1-19, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mes:postke:v:22:y:2000:i:4:p:573-588. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/MPKE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/MPKE20 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.