Entrepreneurship and innovation in Ghana: enterprising Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Watson, John, 2007. "Modeling the relationship between networking and firm performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 852-874, November.
- Sleuwaegen, Leo & Goedhuys, Micheline, 2002. "Growth of firms in developing countries, evidence from Cote d'Ivoire," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 117-135, June.
- Takyi-Asiedu, Stephen, 1993. "Some socio-cultural factors retarding entrepreneurial activity in sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 91-98, March.
- Fadahunsi, Akin & Rosa, Peter, 2002. "Entrepreneurship and Illegality: Insights from the Nigerian cross-border Trade," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 397-429, September.
- Romijn, Henny & Albaladejo, Manuel, 2002. "Determinants of innovation capability in small electronics and software firms in southeast England," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1053-1067, September.
- Paul Robson & Bernard Obeng, 2008. "The Barriers to Growth in Ghana," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 385-403, April.
- Fritsch, Michael & Franke, Grit, 2004. "Innovation, regional knowledge spillovers and R&D cooperation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 245-255, March.
- McPherson, Michael A., 1996. "Growth of micro and small enterprises in southern Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 253-277, March.
- Bruderl, Josef & Preisendorfer, Peter, 1998. "Network Support and the Success of Newly Founded Businesses," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 213-225, May.
- Hoang, Ha & Antoncic, Bostjan, 2003. "Network-based research in entrepreneurship: A critical review," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 165-187, March.
- Kamien,Morton I. & Schwartz,Nancy L., 1982. "Market Structure and Innovation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521293853.
- Elena Huergo & Jordi Jaumandreu, 2004. "How Does Probability of Innovation Change with Firm Age?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 22(3_4), pages 193-207, April.
- Ronde, Patrick & Hussler, Caroline, 2005. "Innovation in regions: What does really matter?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1150-1172, October.
- Harry Sackey, 2005. "Poverty in Ghana from an Assets‐based Perspective: An Application of Probit Technique," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 17(1), pages 41-69.
- Scherer, F M, 1992. "Schumpeter and Plausible Capitalism," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(3), pages 1416-1433, September.
- Oyelaran-Oyeyinka, B. & Laditan, G. O. A. & Esubiyi, A. O., 1996. "Industrial innovation in Sub-Saharan Africa: the manufacturing sector in Nigeria," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1081-1096, October.
- Mark Rogers, 2004. "Networks, Firm Size and Innovation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 141-153, March.
- Mita Bhattacharya & Harry Bloch, 2004. "Determinants of Innovation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 155-162, March.
- Frazer, Garth, 2005. "Which Firms Die? A Look at Manufacturing Firm Exit in Ghana," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(3), pages 585-617, April.
- Marsden, K., 1990. "African Entrepreneurs; Pioneers of Development," Papers 9, World Bank - International Finance Corporation.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Asongu, Simplice & Kodila-Tedika, Oasis, 2016.
"Determinants of Property Rights Protection in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
76587, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2016.
- Simplice Asongu & Oasis Kodila-Tedika, 2016. "Determinants of Property Rights Protection in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 16/041, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Acquaah, Moses, 2011. "Utilization and value of social networking relationships in family and nonfamily firms in an African transition economy," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 347-361.
- repec:taf:oabmxx:v:4:y:2017:i:1:p:1309784 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mohammad Delwar Hussain & Rosni Bakar & Abul Bashar Bhuiyan, 2014. "Entrepreneurship Development and Poverty Alleviation: An Empirical Review," Journal of Asian Scientific Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(10), pages 558-573, October.
- Jean-Michel Sahut & Marta Peris-Ortiz, 2014. "Small business, innovation, and entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 663-668, April.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:131:y:2018:i:c:p:315-325 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:131:y:2018:i:c:p:171-174 is not listed on IDEAS
- Falco, Paolo & Haywood, Luke, 2016.
"Entrepreneurship versus joblessness: Explaining the rise in self-employment,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 245-265.
- Falco, Paolo & Haywood, Luke, 2016. "Entrepreneurship Versus Joblessness: Explaining the Rise in Self-Employment," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 245-265.
- Haywood, Luke & Falco, Paolo, 2013. "Entrepreneurship versus Joblessness - Explaining the Rise in Self-Employment," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 80016, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Paolo Falco & Luke Haywood, 2013. "Entrepreneurship versus Joblessness: Explaining the Rise in Self-Employment," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1334, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Indujeeva Peiris & Michèle Akoorie & Paresha Sinha, 2012. "International entrepreneurship: A critical analysis of studies in the past two decades and future directions for research," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 279-324, December.
- repec:wsi:jikmxx:v:16:y:2017:i:04:n:s0219649217500423 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barasa, Laura & Knoben, Joris & Vermeulen, Patrick & Kimuyu, Peter & Kinyanjui, Bethuel, 2017. "Institutions, resources and innovation in East Africa: A firm level approach," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 280-291.
- Smith, Adam & Judge, William & Pezeshkan, Amir & Nair, Anil, 2016. "Institutionalizing entrepreneurial expertise in subsistence economies," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 910-922.
- Maryia Akulava, 2015. "Gender and Innovativeness of the Enterprise: the Case of Transition Countries," BEROC Working Paper Series 31, Belarusian Economic Research and Outreach Center (BEROC).
- Pezeshkan, Amir & Smith, Adam & Fainshmidt, Stav & Amini Sedeh, Amirmahmood, 2016. "National business systems and firm innovation: A study of developing economies," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 5413-5418.
- Kiss, Andreea N. & Danis, Wade M. & Cavusgil, S. Tamer, 2012. "International entrepreneurship research in emerging economies: A critical review and research agenda," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 266-290.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurship; Innovation; Ghana; L26;
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:sbusec:v:32:y:2009:i:3:p:331-350. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.