The Barriers to Growth in Ghana
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andy Cosh & Alan Hughes & Melvyn Weeks, 2000. "The Relationship Between Training and Employment Growth in Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises," Working Papers wp188, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Littunen, Hannu & Tohmo, Timo, 2003. "The High Growth in New Metal-Based Manufacturing and Business Service Firms in Finland," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 187-200, September.
- Mead, Donald C. & Liedholm, Carl, 1998. "The dynamics of micro and small enterprises in developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 61-74, January.
- Bates, Timothy, 1990. "Entrepreneur Human Capital Inputs and Small Business Longevity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(4), pages 551-559, November.
- McPherson, Michael A., 1996. "Growth of micro and small enterprises in southern Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 253-277, March.
- Brouwer, Erik & Kleinknecht, Alfred & Reijnen, Jeroen O N, 1993. "Employment Growth and Innovation at the Firm Level," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 153-159, May.
- Morris, Michael H. & Williams, Roy O. & Allen, Jeffrey A. & Avila, Ramon A., 1997. "Correlates of success in family business transitions," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 385-401, September.
- Barringer, Bruce R. & Jones, Foard F. & Neubaum, Donald O., 2005. "A quantitative content analysis of the characteristics of rapid-growth firms and their founders," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 663-687, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexander Coad & Jagannadha Pawan Tamvada, 2008. "The Growth and Decline of Small firms In Developing Countries," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2008-08, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Francesco Quatraro & Marco Vivarelli, 2015.
"Drivers of Entrepreneurship and Post-entry Performance of Newborn Firms in Developing Countries,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 30(2), pages 277-305.
- Quatraro, Francesco & Vivarelli, Marco, 2013. "Drivers of Entrepreneurship and Post-Entry Performance of Newborn Firms in Developing Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 7436, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Francesco Quatraro & Marco Vivarelli, 2015. "Drivers of entrepreneurship and post-entry performance of newborn firms in developing countries," Post-Print hal-01071511, HAL.
- Quatraro, Francesco & Vivarelli, Marco, 2014. "Drivers of entrepreneurship and post-entry performance of newborn firms in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7074, The World Bank.
- Anders Bornhäll & Sven-Olov Daunfeldt & Niklas Rudholm, 2017.
"Employment protection legislation and firm growth: evidence from a natural experiment,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 26(1), pages 169-185.
- Bornhäll, Anders & Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Rudholm, Niklas, 2014. "Employment Protection Legislation and Firm Growth: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," HUI Working Papers 102, HUI Research.
- Anders Bornhal & Sven-Olov Daunfeldt & Niklas Rudholm, 2015. "Employment Protection Legislation and Firm Growth: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," SPRU Working Paper Series 2015-17, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Benjamin Bittschi & Astrid Pennerstorfer & Ulrike Schneider, 2015. "Paid and Unpaid Labour in Non-Profit Organizations: Does the Substitution Effect Exist?," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 53(4), pages 789-815, December.
- repec:jfr:jms111:v:8:y:2017:i:1:p:74-103 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:afrdev:v:29:y:2017:i:1:p:16-27 is not listed on IDEAS
- Quatraro, Francesco & Vivarelli, Marco, 2013. "Entrepreneurship In A Developing Country Context," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201314, University of Turin.
- Subash Sasidharan & S. N. Rajesh Raj, 2014. "The Growth Barriers of Informal Sector Enterprises: Evidence from India," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 52(4), pages 351-375, December.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00429732 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul Robson & Charles Akuetteh & Paul Westhead & Mike Wright, 2012. "Innovative opportunity pursuit, human capital and business ownership experience in an emerging region: evidence from Ghana," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 603-625, October.
- Nichter, Simeon & Goldmark, Lara, 2009. "Small Firm Growth in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1453-1464, September.
- Paul Robson & Helen Haugh & Bernard Obeng, 2009. "Entrepreneurship and innovation in Ghana: enterprising Africa," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 331-350, March.
- Alex Coad & Jaganaddha Tamvada, 2012. "Firm growth and barriers to growth among small firms in India," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 383-400, September.
- Francesco Quatraro & Marco Vivarelli, 2013. "Entry and Post-Entry Dynamics in Developing Countries," GREDEG Working Papers 2013-20, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurship; business barriers; business objectives; Africa; D2; L21; L26; M13;
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:sbusec:v:30:y:2008:i:4:p:385-403. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .