Growth Aspirations and Cultural Support for Entrepreneurship: A Comparison of Post-Socialist Countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kolvereid, Lars, 1992. "Growth aspirations among Norwegian entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 209-222, May.
- repec:nbr:nberch:3044 is not listed on IDEAS
- Israel M. Kirzner, 1997. "Entrepreneurial Discovery and the Competitive Market Process: An Austrian Approach," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 60-85, March.
- Pia Arenius & Dirk Clercq, 2005. "A Network-based Approach on Opportunity Recognition," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 249-265, February.
- Casson, Mark, 2005. "Entrepreneurship and the theory of the firm," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 327-348, October.
- Gundry, Lisa K. & Welsch, Harold P., 2001. "The ambitious entrepreneur: High growth strategies of women-owned enterprises," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 453-470, September.
- Wennekers, Sander & Thurik, Roy, 1999. "Linking Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 27-55, August.
- Mariassunta Giannetti & Andrei Simonov, 2009. "Social Interactions and Entrepreneurial Activity," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 665-709, September.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Grilli, Luca, 2005. "Founders' human capital and the growth of new technology-based firms: A competence-based view," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 795-816, August.
- Sarasvathy, Saras D., 2004. "The questions we ask and the questions we care about: reformulating some problems in entrepreneurship research," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 707-717, September.
- Roy Thurik & Sander Wennekers & Lorraine Uhlaner, 2002. "Entrepreneurship and economic performance: a macro perspective," Scales Research Reports N200220, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Barringer, Bruce R. & Jones, Foard F. & Neubaum, Donald O., 2005. "A quantitative content analysis of the characteristics of rapid-growth firms and their founders," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 663-687, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Claudia Alvarez & David Urbano, 2008. "Entorno e Iniciativa Emprendedora: una Perspectiva Institucional," Working Papers 0807, Departament Empresa, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, revised Dec 2008.
- Antonia Mercedes García-Cabrera & María Gracia García-Soto & Juan José Durán-Herrera, 2016. "Opportunity motivation and SME internationalisation in emerging countries: Evidence from entrepreneurs’ perception of institutions," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 879-910, September.
- Jones, Marian V. & Coviello, Nicole & Tang, Yee Kwan, 2011. "International Entrepreneurship research (1989–2009): A domain ontology and thematic analysis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 632-659.
- Julie Hermans & Marcus Dejardin & Johanna Vanderstraeten & Dendi Ramdani & Erik Stam & Arjen van Witteloostuijn, 2012.
"Ambitious entrepreneurship: antecedents and consequences,"
1210, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- HERMANS, Julie & VANDERSTRAETEN, Johanna & DEJARDIN, Marcus & RAMDANI, Dendi & STAM, Erik & VAN WITTELOOSTUIJN, Arjen, 2012. "Ambitious entrepreneurship: Antecedents and consequences," Working Papers 2012023, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Nerine Mary George & Vinit Parida & Tom Lahti & Joakim Wincent, 2016. "A systematic literature review of entrepreneurial opportunity recognition: insights on influencing factors," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 309-350, June.
- repec:spr:intemj:v:13:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11365-017-0453-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ozcam, Ahmet & Karadeniz, Esra, 2012. "The Determinants of the Growth Expectations of Turkish Entrepreneurs in the Way up the Entrepreneural Ladder Using Ordinal Logistic Model (OLM)," MPRA Paper 49908, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas Thurner & Mikhail Gershman & Vitaly Roud, 2015. "Partnerships as internationalization strategy: Russian entrepreneurs between local restrictions and global opportunities," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 118-137, June.
- Jeffrey G. York & Michael J. Lenox, 2014. "Exploring the sociocultural determinants of de novo versus de alio entry in emerging industries," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(13), pages 1930-1951, December.
- Beynon, Malcolm J. & Jones, Paul & Pickernell, David, 2016. "Country-based comparison analysis using fsQCA investigating entrepreneurial attitudes and activity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(4), pages 1271-1276.
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:48:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11187-016-9791-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Turró, Andreu & Urbano, David & Peris-Ortiz, Marta, 2014. "Culture and innovation: The moderating effect of cultural values on corporate entrepreneurship," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 360-369.
- repec:gem:wpaper:1201 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martínez Mateo, Jesús & Mira Solves, Ignacio & Gómez Gras, José M.ª, 2013. "Influence of the economic cycle on the determinants of nascent entrepreneurial activity. An empirical analysis of the Spanish case," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 26, pages 19-45.
- Evan Douglas & Jason Fitzsimmons, 2013. "Intrapreneurial intentions versus entrepreneurial intentions: distinct constructs with different antecedents," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 115-132, June.
- Ingrid Verheul & Linda van Mil, 2008. "What Determines the Growth Ambition of Dutch Early-Stage Entrepreneurs?," Scales Research Reports H200811, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Jason Arentz & Frederic Sautet & Virgil Storr, 2013. "Prior-knowledge and opportunity identification," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 461-478, August.
- M. Knockaert & M. Der Foo & T. Erikson, 2011. "Determinants of entrepreneurs’ growth intentions. A cognitive style perspective," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 11/720, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Szerb, László & Kocsis-Kisantal, Orsolya, 2008.
"Vállalkozói kultúra Magyarországon két napilap tükrében
[Corporate culture in Hungary seen through two daily newspapers]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(3), pages 243-261.
- László Szerb, 2008. "The Examination of the Level of Entrepreneurship in Eight Central Eastern European Countries," Proceedings-6th International Conference on Management, Enterprise and Benchmarking (MEB 2008),in: György Kadocsa (ed.), 6th International Conference on Management, Enterprise and Benchmarking MEB 2008-Proceedings, pages 69-83 Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management.
- Ali Dehghanpour Farashah, 2015. "The effects of demographic, cognitive and institutional factors on development of entrepreneurial intention: Toward a socio-cognitive model of entrepreneurial career," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 452-476, December.
- Kiss, Andreea N. & Danis, Wade M. & Cavusgil, S. Tamer, 2012. "International entrepreneurship research in emerging economies: A critical review and research agenda," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 266-290.
- Claudia Álvarez & David Urbano & José Amorós, 2014. "GEM research: achievements and challenges," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 445-465, March.
- Benjamin Powell & Cortney Stephen Rodet, 2012. "Praise and Profits: Cultural and Institutional Determinants of Entrepreneurship," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 27(Spring 20), pages 19-42.
More about this item
KeywordsEarly stage entrepreneurship; Growth aspirations; M13; D01; J24; L26;
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:sbusec:v:28:y:2007:i:2:p:239-255. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.