Underwriting and investment risks in the property-liability insurance industry: evidence prior to the 9–11 event
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 38 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/finance/journal/11156/PS2|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lamm-Tennant, Joan & Starks, Laura T, 1993. "Stock versus Mutual Ownership Structures: The Risk Implications," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66(1), pages 29-46, January.
- Smith, Clifford Jr. & Watts, Ross L., 1992.
"The investment opportunity set and corporate financing, dividend, and compensation policies,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 263-292, December.
- Smith, C.W. & Watts, R.L., 1992. "The Investment Oppotunity set and Corporate Financing, Dividend and Compensation Policies," Papers 92-02, Rochester, Business - Financial Research and Policy Studies.
- M. Adams & M. Buckle, 2003. "The determinants of corporate financial performance in the Bermuda insurance market," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 133-143.
- Scott Harrington & Greg Niehaus, 2002. "Capital Structure Decisions in the Insurance Industry: Stocks versus Mutuals," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 21(1), pages 145-163, February.
- Saunders, Anthony & Strock, Elizabeth & Travlos, Nickolaos G, 1990. " Ownership Structure, Deregulation, and Bank Risk Taking," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(2), pages 643-654, June.
- Rebecca Demsetz & Marc R. Saidenberg & Philip E. Strahan, 1996. "Banks with something to lose: the disciplinary role of franchise value," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Oct, pages 1-14.
- Anthony Saunders & Berry Wilson, 2001. "An Analysis of Bank Charter Value and Its Risk-Constraining Incentives," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 19(2), pages 185-195, April.
- Philip Hardwick, 1997. "Measuring cost inefficiency in the UK life insurance industry," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 37-44.
- David Cummins, J. & Sommer, David W., 1996. "Capital and risk in property-liability insurance markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 1069-1092, July.
- Keeley, Michael C, 1990. "Deposit Insurance, Risk, and Market Power in Banking," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1183-1200, December.
- Carl Chen & Thomas Steiner & Ann Marie White, 2001. "Risk taking behaviour and managerial ownership in the United States life insurance industry," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 165-171.
- J. Cummins & Neil Doherty, 2002. "Capitalization of the Property-Liability Insurance Industry: Overview," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 21(1), pages 5-14, February.
- Hammond, J. D. & Melander, E. R. & Shilling, N., 1976. "Risk, Return, and the Capital Market: The Insurer Case," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 115-131, March.
- M. B. Adams, 1999. "Determinants of participatory rights insurance: evidence from the New Zealand life insurance industry," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(5), pages 483-490.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:rqfnac:v:38:y:2012:i:1:p:25-46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.