Technology and the Size Distribution of Firms: Evidence from Dutch Manufacturing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cohen, Wesley M. & Levin, Richard C., 1989. "Empirical studies of innovation and market structure," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 18, pages 1059-1107 Elsevier.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vandermarliere, B. & Ryckebusch, J. & Schoors, K. & Cauwels, P. & Sornette, D., 2017.
"Discrete hierarchy of sizes and performances in the exchange-traded fund universe,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 469(C), pages 111-123.
- Benjamin Vandermarliere & Jan Ryckebusch & Koen Schoors & Peter Cauwels & Didier Sornette, 2016. "Discrete hierarchy of sizes and performances in the exchange-traded fund universe," Papers 1608.08582, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2016.
- Coad, Alex, 2010.
"Investigating the exponential age distribution of firms,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 4, pages 1-30.
- Alex Coad, 2009. "Investigating the exponential age distribution of firms," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2009-23, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Coad, Alex, 2010. "Investigating the exponential age distribution of firms," Economics Discussion Papers 2010-12, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Segarra, Agustí & Teruel, Mercedes, 2012. "An appraisal of firm size distribution: Does sample size matter?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 314-328.
- Alex Coad & Werner Hölzl, 2009. "On the Autocorrelation of Growth Rates," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 139-166, June.
- repec:oup:indcch:v:26:y:2017:i:2:p:187-210. is not listed on IDEAS
- Heinrich, Torsten & Dai, Shuanping, 2016.
"Diversity of firm sizes, complexity, and industry structure in the Chinese economy,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 90-106.
- Heinrich, Torsten & Dai, Shuanping, 2014. "Diversity of Firm Sizes, Complexity, and Industry Structure in the Chinese Economy," MPRA Paper 67630, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 29 Oct 2015.
- Heinrich, Torsten & Dai, Shuanping, 2015. "Diversity of firm sizes, complexity, and industry structure in the Chinese economy," Working Papers on East Asian Studies 107/2015, University of Duisburg-Essen, Institute of East Asian Studies IN-EAST.
- Gao, Baojun & Chan, Wai Kin (Victor) & Li, Hongyi, 2015. "On the increasing inequality in size distribution of China's listed companies," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 25-41.
- Jakub Growiec & Fabio Pammolli & Massimo Riccaboni, 2011.
"Innovation and Corporate Dynamics: A Theoretical Framework,"
DISA Working Papers
2011/08, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 29 Jul 2011.
- Massimo, Riccaboni & Jakub, Growiec & Fabio, Pammolli, 2011. "Innovation and Corporate Dynamics: A Theoretical Framework," MPRA Paper 30046, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stankov, Petar & Vasilev, Aleksandar, 2015. "What Explains the Diversity of Regulatory Reform Outcomes?," EconStor Research Reports 141915, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- repec:spr:jeicoo:v:12:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11403-015-0152-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Ramón Rufín & Cayetano Medina, 2008. "Market delimitation, firm survival and growth in service industries," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(9), pages 1401-1417, September.
- Yannick Malevergne & Pedro Santa-Clara & Didier Sornette, 2009. "Professor Zipf goes to Wall Street," NBER Working Papers 15295, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Y. Malevergne & D. Sornette, 2007. "A two-Factor Asset Pricing Model and the Fat Tail Distribution of Firm Sizes," Papers physics/0702027, arXiv.org.
- Rutzer, Christian, 2014. "A Theory of Trade Liberalization and Innovations with Heterogeneous Firms," Working papers 2014/02, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Wang, Yuanjun & You, Shibing, 2016. "An alternative method for modeling the size distribution of top wealth," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 457(C), pages 443-453.
- Giovanni Dosi & Marcelo C. Pereira & Maria Enrica Virgillito, 2017.
"The footprint of evolutionary processes of learning and selection upon the statistical properties of industrial dynamics,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 26(2), pages 187-210.
- Giovanni Dosi & Marcelo C. Pereira & Maria Enrica Virgillito, 2015. "The footprint of evolutionary processes of learning and selection upon the statistical properties of industrial dynamics," LEM Papers Series 2015/04, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Marcelo De Carvalho Pereira & Giovanni Dosi & Maria Enrica Virgillito, 2016. "The Footprint Of Evolutionary Processes Of Learning And Selection Upon The Statistical Properties Of Industrial Dynamics," Anais do XLIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 43rd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 162, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
More about this item
Keywordsfirm size; Gibrat’s law; innovation; Pareto distribution; L11; L60; O33;
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:27:y:2005:i:4:p:303-328. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.