Learning by Doing and Spillovers: Further Evidence for the Semiconductor Industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rosse, James N, 1970. "Estimating Cost Function Parameters without Using Cost Data: Illustrated Methodology," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 38(2), pages 256-275, March.
- Jovanovic, Boyan & MacDonald, Glenn M, 1994.
"The Life Cycle of a Competitive Industry,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(2), pages 322-347, April.
- Jovanovic, B. & MacDonald, G.M., 1992. "The Life-Cycle of Competitive Industry," Papers 92-09, Rochester, Business - Financial Research and Policy Studies.
- Jovanovic, B. & MacDonald, G., 1993. "The Life Cycle of a Competitive Industry," Working Papers 93-34, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Boyan Jovanovic & Glenn MacDonald, 1993. "The Life-Cycle of a Competitive Industry," NBER Working Papers 4441, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reynolds, Stanley S, 1988. "Plant Closings and Exit Behaviour in Declining Industries," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 55(220), pages 493-503, November.
- Jeffrey Campbell, 1998.
"Entry, Exit, Embodied Technology, and Business Cycles,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 1(2), pages 371-408, April.
- Jeffrey R. Campbell, 1997. "Entry, Exit, Embodied Technology, and Business Cycles," NBER Working Papers 5955, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey R. Campbell, 1997. "Computational Appendix to Entry, Exit, Embodied Technology, and Business Cycles," Technical Appendices campbell98, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Pekka Ilmakunnas & Jukka Topi, 1999.
"Microeconomic and Macroeconomic Influences on Entry and Exit of Firms,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 15(3), pages 283-301, November.
- Ilmakunnas, Pekka & Topi, Jukka, 1996. "Microeconomic and macroeconomic influences of entry and exit of firms," Research Discussion Papers 6/1996, Bank of Finland.
- Pankaj Ghemawat & Barry Nalebuff, 1990. "The Devolution of Declining Industries," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(1), pages 167-186.
- Utterback, James M & Abernathy, William J, 1975. "A dynamic model of process and product innovation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 3(6), pages 639-656, December.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-670, May.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Tirole, Jean, 1986. "A Theory of Exit in Duopoly," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(4), pages 943-960, July.
- Boeri, Tito & Bellmann, Lutz, 1995. "Post-entry behaviour and the cycle: Evidence from Germany," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 483-500, December.
- Baden-Fuller, Charles W F, 1989. "Exit from Declining Industries and the Case of Steel Castings," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(398), pages 949-961, December.
- Gort, Michael & Klepper, Steven, 1982. "Time Paths in the Diffusion of Product Innovations," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(367), pages 630-653, September.
- Murphy, Anthony, 1996. "A piecewise-constant hazard-rate model for the duration of unemployment in single-interview samples of the stock of unemployed," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 177-183, May.
- Caballero, Ricardo J & Hammour, Mohamad L, 1994. "The Cleansing Effect of Recessions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1350-1368, December.
- Boyan Jovanovic, 1998. "Michael Gort's Contribution to Economics," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 1(2), pages 327-337, April.
- Chetty, V. K. & Heckman, J. J., 1986. "A dynamic model of aggregate output supply, factor demand and entry and exit for a competitive industry with heterogeneous plants," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 237-262.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ohashi, Hiroshi, 2005.
"Learning by doing, export subsidies, and industry growth: Japanese steel in the 1950s and 1960s,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, pages 297-323.
- Hiroshi Ohashi, 2004. "Learning by Doing, Export Subsidies, and Industry Growth: Japanese Steel in the 1950s and 1960s," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-280, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Liu, Wen-Hsien & Chyi, Yih-Luan, 2006. "A Markov regime-switching model for the semiconductor industry cycles," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 569-578, July.
- Gruber, Harald, 2000. "The evolution of market structure in semiconductors: the role of product standards," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 725-740, June.
- Kalkuhl, Matthias & Edenhofer, Ottmar & Lessmann, Kai, 2012.
"Learning or lock-in: Optimal technology policies to support mitigation,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 1-23.
- Matthias Kalkuhl & Ottmar Edenhofer & Kai Lessmann, 2011. "Learning or Lock-in: Optimal Technology Policies to Support Mitigation," CESifo Working Paper Series 3422, CESifo Group Munich.
- Nachtigall, Daniel & Rübbelke, Dirk, 2016.
"The green paradox and learning-by-doing in the renewable energy sector,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 74-92.
- Daniel Nachtigall & Dirk Rübbelke, 2013. "The Green Paradox and Learning-by-doing in the Renewable Energy Sector," Working Papers 2013-09, BC3.
- Daniel Nachtigall & Dirk Rübbelke, 2014. "The Green Paradox and Learning-by-Doing in the Renewable Energy Sector," CESifo Working Paper Series 4880, CESifo Group Munich.
- Nachtigall, Daniel & Rübbelke, Dirk, 2014. "The green Paradox and Learning-by-Doing in the renewable energy sector," Discussion Papers 2014/31, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Daniel Nachtigall & Dirk Ruebbelke, 2014. "The Green Paradox and Learning-by-Doing in the Renewable Energy Sector," Working Papers 2014002, Berlin Doctoral Program in Economics and Management Science (BDPEMS).
- Beate Henschel & Christian Leßmann & Anna Sophie Müller & Joachim Ragnitz & Michael Reinhard & Beate Schirwitz & Heinz Schmalholz & Marcel Thum, 2008. "Rechtfertigung von Ansiedlungssubventionen am Beispiel der Halbleiterindustrie : Gutachten im Auftrag der Sächsischen Staatskanzlei," ifo Dresden Studien, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 45, October.
- repec:eee:respol:v:46:y:2017:i:10:p:1873-1886 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dosi, Giovanni & Grazzi, Marco & Mathew, Nanditha, 2017.
"The cost-quantity relations and the diverse patterns of “learning by doing”: Evidence from India,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(10), pages 1873-1886.
- Giovanni Dosi & Marco Grazzi & Nanditha Mathew, 2016. "The cost-quantity relations and the diverse patterns of "learning by doing": Evidence from India," LEM Papers Series 2016/26, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Tracy R. Lewis & Huseyin Yildirim, 2002. "Managing Dynamic Competition," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 779-797, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:13:y:1998:i:6:p:697-711. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.