How Verifiable Cheap-Talk Can Communicate Unverifiable Information
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kreps, David M & Wilson, Robert, 1982. "Sequential Equilibria," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 863-894, July.
- repec:hoo:wpaper:e-89-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Farrell, Joseph & Gibbons, Robert, 1989.
"Cheap Talk with Two Audiences,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 1214-1223.
- Mark M. Pitt & Joel Slemrod, 1988. "The Compliance Cost of Itemizing Deductions: Evidence from Individual Tax Returns," NBER Working Papers 2526, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brandts, Jordi & Holt, Charles A, 1992. "An Experimental Test of Equilibrium Dominance in Signaling Games," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 1350-1365.
- Smith, Vernon L, 1976. "Experimental Economics: Induced Value Theory," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 274-279.
- Paul L. Joskow, 1990. "The Performance of Long-Term Contracts: Further Evidence from Coal Markets," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 21(2), pages 251-274, Summer.
- Darby, Michael R & Karni, Edi, 1973. "Free Competition and the Optimal Amount of Fraud," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 67-88, April.
- Moorthy, Sridhar & Ratchford, Brian T & Talukdar, Debabrata, 1997. " Consumer Information Search Revisited: Theory and Empirical Analysis," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(4), pages 263-277, March.
- Blume, A. & De Jong, D.V. & Kim, Y.G. & Sprinkle, G.B., 1994.
"Evolution of the Meaning of Messages in Sender-Receiver Games: An Experiment,"
9491, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Blume, A., 1994. "Evolution of the Meaning of Messages in Sender-Receiver Games : An Experiment," Discussion Paper 1994-91, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Johnson, Eric J & Russo, J Edward, 1984. " Product Familiarity and Learning New Information," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 542-550, June.
- Rizzo, John A & Zeckhauser, Richard J, 1990. "Advertising and Entry: The Case of Physician Services," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(3), pages 476-500, June.
- Crawford, Vincent P & Sobel, Joel, 1982. "Strategic Information Transmission," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1431-1451, November.
More about this item
Keywordscheap talk; evolutionary game theory; signaling; quality; earnings management; disclosure;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:qmktec:v:3:y:2005:i:4:p:337-363. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .