Evidence on voter preferences from unrestricted choice referendums
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bergstrom, Theodore C & Rubinfeld, Daniel L & Shapiro, Perry, 1982. "Micro-Based Estimates of Demand Functions for Local School Expenditures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(5), pages 1183-1205, September.
- Cameron,A. Colin & Trivedi,Pravin K., 2008. "Microeconometrics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9787111235767, December.
- Mueller,Dennis C., 2003. "Public Choice III," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521894753, March.
- Tideman, T Nicolaus & Tullock, Gordon, 1976. "A New and Superior Process for Making Social Choices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1145-1159, December.
- DeCanio, Stephen J, 1980. "Economic Losses from Forecasting Error in Agriculture," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(2), pages 234-258, April.
- John R. Lott & Jr., 2003. "Nonvoted Ballots and Discrimination in Florida," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(1), pages 181-220, January.
- Schmidt, Amy B & Kenny, Lawrence W & Morton, Rebecca B, 1996. "Evidence on Electoral Accountability in the U.S. Senate: Are Unfaithful Agents Really Punished?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(3), pages 545-567, July.
- Randall Holcombe, 1989. "The median voter model in public choice theory," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 61(2), pages 115-125, May.
- Schultz, Theodore W, 1975. "The Value of the Ability to Deal with Disequilibria," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 827-846, September.
- Husted, Thomas A & Kenny, Lawrence W & Morton, Rebecca B, 1995. "Constituent Errors in Assessing Their Senators," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 83(3-4), pages 251-271, June.
- Daniel Kahneman, 2003. "Maps of Bounded Rationality: Psychology for Behavioral Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(5), pages 1449-1475, December.
- Munley, Vincent G, 1984. "Has the Median Voter Found a Ballot Box That He Can Control?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(3), pages 323-336, July.
- Holcombe, Randall G, 1980. "An Empirical Test of the Median Voter Model," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(2), pages 260-274, April.
- McKelvey, Richard D., 1976. "Intransitivities in multidimensional voting models and some implications for agenda control," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 472-482, June.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:88:y:1994:i:01:p:63-76_09 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Randall Holcombe & Lawrence Kenny, 2008. "Does restricting choice in referenda enable governments to spend more?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 136(1), pages 87-101, July.
- Agranov, Marina & Palfrey, Thomas R., 2015.
"Equilibrium tax rates and income redistribution: A laboratory study,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 45-58.
- Marina Agranov & Thomas R. Palfrey, 2014. "Equilibrium Tax Rates and Income Redistribution: A Laboratory Study," NBER Working Papers 19918, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- R. Isaac & Douglas Norton, 2013. "Endogenous institutions and the possibility of reverse crowding out," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 156(1), pages 253-284, July.
- Paul N. Thompson & Joseph Whitley, 2017. "The effect of school district and municipal government financial health information on local tax election outcomes: evidence from fiscal stress labels in Ohio," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 170(3), pages 265-288, March.
- Richard J. Cebula & Joshua C. Hall & Maria Y. Tackett, 2017.
"Non-public competition and public school performance: evidence from West Virginia,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(12), pages 1185-1193, March.
- Richard J. Cebula & Joshua C. Hall & Maria Y. Tackett, 2015. "Nonpublic Competition and Public School Performance: Evidence from West Virginia," Working Papers 15-29, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Sin, Hwa-Young & Heo, Eunnyeong & Yi, Sul-Ki & Kim, Jihyo, 2010. "South Korean citizen's preferences on renewable energy support and cooperation policy for North Korea," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 1379-1389, June.
More about this item
KeywordsReferendum; School referendum; Voting machines; Voting ballots; Median voter;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:131:y:2007:i:1:p:197-215. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .