Exchange rate shocks and the current account under monopolistic competition: An intertemporal optimization model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Spence, 1976. "Product Selection, Fixed Costs, and Monopolistic Competition," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(2), pages 217-235.
- Nielsen, Soren Bo, 1991.
"Current-account effects of a devaluation in an optimizing model with capital accumulation,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, pages 569-588.
- Søren Bo Nielsen, 1989. "Current Account Effects of a Devaluation in an Optimizing Model with Capital Accumulation," Discussion Papers 89-16, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Abel, Andrew B & Blanchard, Olivier J, 1983. "An Intertemporal Model of Saving and Investment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(3), pages 675-692, May.
- Das, Satya P & Niho, Yoshio, 1986. "A Dynamic Analysis of Protection, Market Structure, and Welfare," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 27(2), pages 513-523, June.
- Matsuyama, Kiminori, 1987. "Current account dynamics in a finite horizon model," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, pages 299-313.
- Baldwin, Richard, 1988. "Hyteresis in Import Prices: The Beachhead Effect," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 773-785.
- Robert G. Murphy, 1989. "Stock Prices, Real Exchange Rates, and Optimal Capital Accumulation," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 36(1), pages 102-129, March.
- LeRoy, Stephen F., 1980. "Entry and equilibrium under adjustment costs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 348-360, December.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, 1976. "Expectations and Exchange Rate Dynamics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1161-1176, December.
- Persson, Torsten & Svensson, Lars E O, 1985.
"Current Account Dynamics and the Terms of Trade: Harberger-Laursen-Metzler Two Generations Later,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(1), pages 43-65, February.
- Torsten Persson & Lars E.O. Svensson, 1983. "Current Account Dynamics and the Terms of Trade: Harberger-Laursen-Metzler Two Generations Later," NBER Working Papers 1129, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Svensson, Lars E O & Razin, Assaf, 1983. "The Terms of Trade and the Current Account: The Harberger-Laursen-Metzler Effect," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(1), pages 97-125, February.
- Gavin, Michael, 1991. "Tariffs and the current account : On the macroeconomics of commercial policy," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 27-52.
More about this item
Keywordsdevaluation; entry; current account; hysteresis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:openec:v:4:y:1993:i:2:p:133-150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.