Behavioral assumptions for a class of utility theories: A program of experiments
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Birnbaum, Michael H. & Gutierrez, Roman J., 2007. "Testing for intransitivity of preferences predicted by a lexicographic semi-order," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 96-112, September.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1992. "Advances in Prospect Theory: Cumulative Representation of Uncertainty," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 297-323, October.
- Cho, Young-Hee & Fisher, Gerald R., 2000. "Receiving Two Consequences: Tests of Monotonicity and Scale Invariance," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 61-81, September.
- C. Ng & R. Duncan Luce & A. Marley, 2009. "Utility of Gambling when Events are Valued: an Application of Inset Entropy," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 67(1), pages 23-63, July.
- Charles A. Holt & Susan K. Laury, 2002. "Risk Aversion and Incentive Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1644-1655, December.
- Birnbaum, Michael H. & Sutton, Sara E., 1992. "Scale convergence and utility measurement," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 183-215, July.
- Iverson, G. & Falmagne, J. -C., 1985. "Statistical issues in measurement," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 131-153, October.
- Ross, Stephen A, 1981. "Some Stronger Measures of Risk Aversion in the Small and the Large with Applications," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 621-638, May.
- Birnbaum, Michael H., 1992. "Issues in utility measurement," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 319-330, August.
- Cho, Young-Hee & Truong, Lan & Haneda, Miki, 2005. "Testing the indifference between a binary lottery and its edited components using observed estimates of variability," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 82-89, May.
- R. Luce, 2010. "Interpersonal comparisons of utility for 2 of 3 types of people," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 68(1), pages 5-24, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martin Eling & Michael Kochanski, 2013.
"Research on lapse in life insurance: what has been done and what needs to be done?,"
Journal of Risk Finance,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 14(4), pages 392-413, August.
- Eling, Martin & Kochanski, Michael, 2012. "Research on Lapse in Life Insurance – What Has Been Done and What Needs to Be Done?," Working Papers on Finance 1224, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Malul, Miki & Rosenboim, Mosi & Shavit, Tal, 2013. "So when are you loss averse? Testing the S-shaped function in pricing and allocation tasks," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 101-112.
- Michele Belot & Marcel Fafchamps, 2012. "Good Samaritans and the Market: Experimental Evidence on Other-Regarding Preferences," Discussion Papers 2012001, University of Oxford, Nuffield College.
More about this item
KeywordsGambles; Joint receipt; p-Additive representation; Risk types; Uncertain alternatives; C91; D46; D81;
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- D46 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Value Theory
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrisku:v:41:y:2010:i:1:p:19-37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.