Social Willingness to Pay, Mortality Risks and Contingent Valuation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Olivier Armantier & Nicolas Treich, 2003. "Social Willingness to Pay, Mortality Risks and Contingent Valuation," Department of Economics Working Papers 03-03, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Viscusi, W Kip, 1993. "The Value of Risks to Life and Health," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1912-1946, December.
- Ulph, Alistair, 1982. "The role of ex ante and ex post decisions in the valuation of life," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 265-276, July.
- Corso, Phaedra S & Hammitt, James K & Graham, John D, 2001. "Valuing Mortality-Risk Reduction: Using Visual Aids to Improve the Validity of Contingent Valuation," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 165-184, September.
- Krupnick, Alan & Alberini, Anna & Cropper, Maureen & Simon, Nathalie & O'Brien, Bernie & Goeree, Ron & Heintzelman, Martin, 2002.
"Age, Health and the Willingness to Pay for Mortality Risk Reductions: A Contingent Valuation Survey of Ontario Residents,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 161-186, March.
- Krupnick, Alan & Cropper, Maureen & Alberini, Anna & Heintzelman, Martin & Simon, Nathalie & O'Brien, Bernie & Goeree, Ron, 2000. "Age, Health, and the Willingness to Pay for Mortality Risk Reductions: A Contingent Valuation Survey of Ontario Residents," Discussion Papers dp-00-37, Resources For the Future.
- Peter A. Diamond & Jerry A. Hausman, 1994. "Contingent Valuation: Is Some Number Better than No Number?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 45-64, Fall.
- Viscusi, W Kip & Evans, William N, 1990. "Utility Functions That Depend on Health Status: Estimates and Economic Implications," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 353-374, June.
- A. B. Atkinson & N. H. Stern, 1974. "Pigou, Taxation and Public Goods," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(1), pages 119-128.
- Myles,Gareth D., 1995. "Public Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521497695.
- Charles Blackorby & David Donaldson, 1990. "A Review Article: The Case against the Use of the Sum of Compensating Variations in Cost-Benefit Analysis," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 23(3), pages 471-494, August.
- Harberger, Arnold C, 1971. "Three Basic Postulates for Applied Welfare Economics: An Interpretive Essay," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 785-797, September.
- Pratt, John W & Zeckhauser, Richard J, 1996. "Willingness to Pay and the Distribution of Risk and Wealth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(4), pages 747-763, August.
- Boadway, Robin W, 1974. "The Welfare Foundations of Cost-Benefit Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 84(336), pages 926-939, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James Hammitt & Nicolas Treich, 2007.
"Statistical vs. identified lives in benefit-cost analysis,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 45-66, August.
- HAMMITT James K & TREICH Nicolas, 2006. "Statistical vs. Identified Lives in Benefit-Cost Analysis," LERNA Working Papers 06.11.204, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- James K. Hammitt & Nicolas Treich, 2007. "Statistical vs. Identified Lives in Benefit-Cost Analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 1931, CESifo Group Munich.
- Henrik Andersson, 2008.
"Willingness to Pay for Car Safety: Evidence from Sweden,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 41(4), pages 579-594, December.
- Andersson, Henrik, 2006. "Willingness to Pay for Car Safety: Evidence from Sweden," Working Papers 2006:7, Swedish National Road & Transport Research Institute (VTI).
- Henrik Andersson & Nicolas Treich, 2011.
"The Value of a Statistical Life,"
Chapters,in: A Handbook of Transport Economics, chapter 17
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Andersson, Henrik & Treich, Nicolas, 2008. "The Value of a Statistical Life," Working Papers 2008:1, Swedish National Road & Transport Research Institute (VTI).
- Andersson, Henrik & Treich, Nicolas, 2009. "The Value of a Statistical Life," TSE Working Papers 09-015, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- ANDERSSON Henrik & TREICH Nicolas, 2009. "The Value of a Statistical Life," LERNA Working Papers 09.04.280, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Christoph M. Rheinberger & Nicolas Treich, 2017. "Attitudes Toward Catastrophe," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 67(3), pages 609-636, July.
- Pierre-Alexandre Mahieu & Romain Craste & Bengt Kriström & Pere Riera, 2014. "Non-market valuation in France: An overview of the research activity," Working Papers hal-01087365, HAL.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrisku:v:29:y:2004:i:1:p:7-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.