Dividend Size, Yield, Clienteles and REITs
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 45 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/regional+science/journal/11146/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-465, June.
- Eades, Kenneth M. & Hess, Patrick J. & Kim, E. Han, 1984. "On interpreting security returns during the ex-dividend period," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 3-34, March.
- Michaely, Roni, 1991. " Ex-dividend Day Stock Price Behavior: The Case of the 1986 Tax Reform Act," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(3), pages 845-859, July.
- John R. Graham & Roni Michaely & Michael R. Roberts, 2003. "Do Price Discreteness and Transactions Costs Affect Stock Returns? Comparing Ex-Dividend Pricing before and after Decimalization," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(6), pages 2611-2636, December.
- Bhardwaj, Ravinder K & Brooks, LeRoy D, 1999. "Further Evidence on Dividend Yields and the Ex-Dividend Day Stock Price Effect," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 22(4), pages 503-514, Winter.
- Kalay, Avner, 1982. " The Ex-Dividend Pay Behavior of Stock Prices: A Re-Examination of the Clientele Effect," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(4), pages 1059-1070, September.
- William G. Hardin III & Kartono Liano & Gow-cheng Huang, 2002. "The Ex-Dividend Pricing of REITs," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 30(4), pages 533-549.
- Kato, Kiyoshi & Loewenstein, Uri, 1995. "The Ex-Dividend-Day Behavior of Stock Prices: The Case of Japan," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 8(3), pages 817-847.
- Miller, Merton H & Scholes, Myron S, 1982. "Dividends and Taxes: Some Empirical Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(6), pages 1118-1141, December.
- Murray Frank & Ravi Jagannathan, 1997.
"Why do stock prices drop by less than the value of the dividend? Evidence from a country without taxes,"
229, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Frank, Murray & Jagannathan, Ravi, 1998. "Why do stock prices drop by less than the value of the dividend? Evidence from a country without taxes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 161-188, February.
- Elton, Edwin J & Gruber, Martin J, 1970. "Marginal Stockholder Tax Rates and the Clientele Effect," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(1), pages 68-74, February.
- David Durand & Alan M. May, 1960. "The Ex‐Dividend Behavior Of American Telephone And Telegraph Stock," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 15(1), pages 19-31, 03.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- William Hardin & Kartono Liano & Gow-Cheng Huang & Gregory Nagel, 2007. "REITs, Decimalization, and Ex-dividend Stock Prices," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 499-511, May.
- Edwin J. Elton & Martin J. Gruber & Christopher R. Blake, 2005. "Marginal Stockholder Tax Effects and Ex-Dividend-Day Price Behavior: Evidence From Taxable Versus Nontaxable Closed-End Funds," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 87(3), pages 579-586, August.
- Dubofsky, David, 1997. "Limit orders and ex-dividend day return distributions," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 47-65, January.
- Jakob, Keith & Ma, Tongshu, 2004. "Tick size, NYSE rule 118, and ex-dividend day stock price behavior," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 605-625, June.
- Koski, Jennifer Lynch, 1996. "A Microstructure Analysis of Ex-dividend Stock Price Behavior before and after the 1984 and 1986 Tax Reform Acts," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69(3), pages 313-338, July.
- David A. Dubofsky, 1992. "A Market Microstructure Explanation of Ex-Day Abnormal Returns," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 21(4), Winter.
- Lakonishok, Josef & Vermaelen, Theo, 1983. " Tax Reform and Ex-Dividend Day Behavior," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(4), pages 1157-1179, September.
- James A. Campbell & William Beranek, 1955. "Stock Price Behavior On Ex‐Dividend Dates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 10(4), pages 425-429, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrefec:v:45:y:2012:i:2:p:435-449. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.