A Microstructure Analysis of Ex-dividend Stock Price Behavior before and after the 1984 and 1986 Tax Reform Acts
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Henker, Thomas & Martens, Martin, 2005. "Index futures arbitrage before and after the introduction of sixteenths on the NYSE," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 353-373, June.
- Liljeblom, Eva & Loflund, Anders & Hedvall, Kaj, 2001. "Foreign and domestic investors and tax induced ex-dividend day trading," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1687-1716, September.
- Hasbrouck, Joel & Seppi, Duane J., 2001. "Common factors in prices, order flows, and liquidity," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 383-411, March.
- Poterba, James M., 2002.
"Taxation, risk-taking, and household portfolio behavior,"
Handbook of Public Economics, in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.),Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 17, pages 1109-1171,
- James M. Poterba, 2001. "Taxation, Risk-Taking, and Household Portfolio Behavior," NBER Working Papers 8340, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeff Whitworth & Ramesh P. Rao, 2010. "Do Tax Law Changes Influence Ex‐Dividend Stock Price Behavior? Evidence from 1926 to 2005," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 39(1), pages 419-445, March.
- Aelee Jun & V. T. Alaganar & Graham Partington & Max Stevenson, 2008. "Price and Volume Behavior around the Ex‐dividend Day: Evidence on the Value of Dividends from American Depositary Receipts and their Underlying Australian Stocks," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 8(1‐2), pages 21-55, March.
- Frank, Murray & Jagannathan, Ravi, 1998.
"Why do stock prices drop by less than the value of the dividend? Evidence from a country without taxes,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 161-188, February.
- Murray Frank & Ravi Jagannathan, 1997. "Why do stock prices drop by less than the value of the dividend? Evidence from a country without taxes," Staff Report 229, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Andrew B. Ainsworth & Kingsley Y.L. Fong & David R. Gallagher & Graham Partington, 2018. "Taxes, Order Imbalance and Abnormal Returns around the ex‐Dividend day," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 18(3), pages 379-409, September.
- Blau, Benjamin M. & Fuller, Kathleen P. & Van Ness, Robert A., 2011. "Short selling around dividend announcements and ex-dividend days," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 628-639, June.
- Khamis Al Yahyaee & Toan Pham & Terry Walter, 2008. "Ex‐Dividend Day Behavior in the Absence of Taxes and Price Discreteness," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 8(3‐4), pages 103-123, September.
- Ravinder K. Bhardwaj & LeRoy D. Brooks, 1999. "Further Evidence On Dividend Yields And The Ex-Dividend Day Stock Price Effect," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 22(4), pages 503-514, December.
- Jeff Whitworth & David A. Carter, 2010. "The Ex‐Day Price Behavior of REITs: Taxes or Ticks?," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 38(4), pages 733-752, Winter.
- Bali, Rakesh & Hite, Gailen L., 1998. "Ex dividend day stock price behavior: discreteness or tax-induced clienteles?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 127-159, February.
- Oliver Zhen Li, 2010. "Tax-Induced Dividend Capturing," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(7-8), pages 866-904.
- H. Chu & G. Partington, 2008. "The Market Valuation of Cash Dividends: The Case of the CRA Bonus Issue," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 8(1‐2), pages 1-20, March.
- William Hardin & Gow-Cheng Huang & Kartono Liano, 2012. "Dividend Size, Yield, Clienteles and REITs," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 435-449, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jnlbus:v:69:y:1996:i:3:p:313-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: https://www.jstor.org/journal/jbusiness .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.