Marginal Stockholder Tax Effects and Ex-Dividend-Day Price Behavior: Evidence From Taxable Versus Nontaxable Closed-End Funds
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kose John & Ravi S. Mateti & Duong Nguyen & Gopala Vasudevan, 2016. "The Exâ€ dividend Day Behaviour of REITs: Tax or Market Microstructure Effects," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 22(3), pages 341-366, June.
- Asimakopoulos, Panagiotis N. & Tsangarakis, Nickolaos V. & Tsiritakis, Emmanuel D., 2015. "Price adjustment method and ex-dividend day returns in a different institutional setting," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1-12.
- Holzmann, Carolin & Scholz, Hendrik & Kreidl, Felix & Büttner, Thiess, 2017. "Stock Market Behavior on Ex-Dividend Dates: The Case of Cum-Ex Transactions in Germany," VfS Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168242, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Thiess Buettner & Carolin Holzmann & Felix Kreidl & Hendrik Scholz, 2020. "Withholding-tax non-compliance: the case of cum-ex stock-market transactions," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 27(6), pages 1425-1452, December.
- Jeff Whitworth & Ramesh P. Rao, 2010. "Do Tax Law Changes Influence Ex‐Dividend Stock Price Behavior? Evidence from 1926 to 2005," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 39(1), pages 419-445, March.
- Vassilis A. Efthymiou & George N. Leledakis, 2014.
"The price impact of the disposition effect on the ex-dividend day of NYSE and AMEX common stocks,"
Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 711-724, April.
- Efthymiou, Vassilis A. & Leledakis, George N., 2011. "The price impact of the disposition effect on the ex-dividend day of NYSE and AMEX common stocks," MPRA Paper 28791, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cannavan, Damien & Gray, Stephen, 2017. "Dividend drop-off estimates of the value of dividend imputation tax credits," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 46(PB), pages 213-226.
- Harris, Lawrence E. & Hartzmark, Samuel M. & Solomon, David H., 2015. "Juicing the dividend yield: Mutual funds and the demand for dividends," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 433-451.
- Felix Kreidl, 2020. "Stock-Market Behavior on Ex-Dates: New Insights from German Stocks with Tax-Free Dividend," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(3), pages 1-21, September.
- Kräussl, Roman & Pollet, Joshua & Stefanova, Denitsa, 2018. "Signaling or marketing? The role of discount control mechanisms in closed-end funds," CFS Working Paper Series 597, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Efthymiou, Vassilis A. & Episcopos, Athanasios & Leledakis, George N. & Pyrgiotakis, Emmanouil G., 2021.
"Intraday analysis of the limit order bias on the ex-dividend day of U.S. common stocks,"
International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 405-421.
- Efthymiou, Vassilis A. & Leledakis, George N., 2013. "Intraday analysis of the limit order bias at the ex-dividend day of U.S. common stocks," MPRA Paper 49770, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bali, Rakesh & Francis, Jack Clark, 2016. "Ex day effects of the 2003 dividend tax cut," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 11-22.
- Chen, Hung-Ling & Chow, Edward H. & Shiu, Cheng-Yi, 2013. "Ex-dividend prices and investor trades: Evidence from Taiwan," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 39-65.
- Al-Yahyaee, Khamis Hamed, 2013. "The effect of a reduction in price discreteness on ex-day stock returns in a unique environment," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 283-294.
- Hartzmark, Samuel M. & Solomon, David H., 2013. "The dividend month premium," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(3), pages 640-660.
- William Hardin & Gow-Cheng Huang & Kartono Liano, 2012. "Dividend Size, Yield, Clienteles and REITs," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 435-449, August.
- Tseng, Yun-lan & Hu, Shing-yang, 2013. "Tax reform and the identity of marginal traders around ex-dividend days," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 181-199.
- Muñoz, Ercio & Rodriguez, Arturo, 2017. "Ex-dividend date stock behavior and the clientele effect: Evidence around a tax reduction," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 55-61.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:87:y:2005:i:3:p:579-586. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://direct.mit.edu/journals .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Ann Olson (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://direct.mit.edu/journals .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.