Calendar Anomalies: The Case of International Property Shares
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kamara, Avraham, 1997. "New Evidence on the Monday Seasonal in Stock Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70(1), pages 63-84, January.
- Garrett, Ian & Kamstra, Mark J. & Kramer, Lisa A., 2005.
"Winter blues and time variation in the price of risk,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 291-316, March.
- Ian Garrett & Mark Kamstra & Lisa Kramer, 2004. "Winter blues and time variation in the price of risk," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2004-8, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- William G. Hardin III & Kartono Liano & Gow-cheng Huang, 2005. "Real Estate Investment Trusts and Calendar Anomalies: Revisited," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 8(1), pages 83-94.
- Su Han Chan & Wai-Kin Leung & Ko Wang, 2005. "Changes in REIT Structure and Stock Performance: Evidence from the Monday Stock Anomaly," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 33(1), pages 89-120, March.
- Rozeff, Michael S. & Kinney, William Jr., 1976. "Capital market seasonality: The case of stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 379-402, October.
- Colwell, Peter F & Park, Hun Y, 1990. "Seasonality and Size Effects: The Case of Real-Estate-Related Investment," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 251-259, September.
- Keim, Donald B., 1983. "Size-related anomalies and stock return seasonality : Further empirical evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 13-32, June.
- Gultekin, Mustafa N. & Gultekin, N. Bulent, 1983. "Stock market seasonality : International Evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 469-481, December.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Abraham, Abraham & Ikenberry, David L., 1994. "The Individual Investor and the Weekend Effect," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(02), pages 263-277, June.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Gibbons, Michael R & Hess, Patrick, 1981. "Day of the Week Effects and Asset Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(4), pages 579-596, October.
- Veera Lenkkeri & Wessel Marquering & Ben Strunkmann-Meister, 2006. "The Friday Effect in European Securitized Real Estate Index Returns," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 31-50, August.
- Arnold L. Redman & Herman Manakyan & Kartono Liano, 1997. "Real Estate Investment Trusts and Calendar Anomalies," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 14(1), pages 19-28.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mine AKSOY & Veysel ULUSOY, 2015. "Analysis Of Relative Return Behaviour Of Borsa Istanbul Reit And Borsa Istanbul 100 Index," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 107-128, March.
- Georgios Bampinas & Stilianos Fountas & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2016.
"The day-of-the-week effect is weak: Evidence from the European real estate sector,"
Journal of Economics and Finance,
Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 40(3), pages 549-567, July.
- Georgios Bampinas & Stilianos Fountas & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2015. "The Day-of-the-Week Effect is Weak: Evidence from the European Real Estate Sector," Working Paper series 15-19, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Georgios Bampinas & Stilianos Fountas & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2015. "The day-of-the-week effect is weak: Evidence from the European Real Estate Sector," Discussion Paper Series 2015_02, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised May 2015.
- repec:kap:jrefec:v:56:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11146-016-9564-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- E. Hui & J. Wright & S. Yam, 2014. "Calendar Effects and Real Estate Securities," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 91-115, July.
- Chyi Lee & Simon Stevenson & Ming-Long Lee, 2014. "Futures Trading, Spot Price Volatility and Market Efficiency: Evidence from European Real Estate Securities Futures," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 299-322, February.
- Mehmet Akbulut & Su Han Chan & Mariya Letdin, 2015. "Calendar Anomalies: Do REITs Behave Like Stocks?," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 18(2), pages 177-215.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:41:y:2017:i:c:p:292-302 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gyamfi-Yeboah, Frank & Ling, David C. & Naranjo, Andy, 2012. "Information, uncertainty, and behavioral effects: Evidence from abnormal returns around real estate investment trust earnings announcements," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1930-1952.
More about this item
KeywordsReal estate stocks; Calendar anomalies; Sell in May effect;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrefec:v:38:y:2009:i:2:p:115-136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.