The Halloween Indicator, "Sell in May and Go Away": Another Puzzle
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R, 1995. " Time-Varying World Market Integration," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 403-444, June.
- Gabriel Hawawini & Donald B. Keim, "undated". "On the Predictability of Common Stock Returns: World-Wide Evidence (Revised: 22-94)," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 23-92, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- de Jong, Frank & de Roon, Frans A., 2005.
"Time-varying market integration and expected returns in emerging markets,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 583-613, December.
- de Jong, F.C.J.M. & de Roon, F.A., 2001. "Time Varying Market Integration and Expected Rteurns in Emerging Markets," Discussion Paper 2001-78, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- de Jong, Frank & de Roon, Frans, 2001. "Time-Varying Market Integration and Expected Returns in Emerging Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 3102, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Henriksson, Roy D, 1984. "Market Timing and Mutual Fund Performance: An Empirical Investigation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(1), pages 73-96, January.
- Merton, Robert C, 1981. "On Market Timing and Investment Performance. I. An Equilibrium Theory of Value for Market Forecasts," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(3), pages 363-406, July.
- Henriksson, Roy D & Merton, Robert C, 1981. "On Market Timing and Investment Performance. II. Statistical Procedures for Evaluating Forecasting Skills," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(4), pages 513-533, October.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Sullivan, Ryan & Timmermann, Allan & White, Halbert, 2001. "Dangers of data mining: The case of calendar effects in stock returns," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 249-286, November.
- Waksman, G. & Sandler, M. & Ward, M. & Firer, C., 1997. "Market timing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange using derivative instruments," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 81-91, February.
- Berkowitz, Stephen A & Logue, Dennis E & Noser, Eugene A, Jr, 1988. " The Total Cost of Transactions on the NYSE," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(1), pages 97-112, March.
- Glosten, L. R. & Jagannathan, R., 1994.
"A contingent claim approach to performance evaluation,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 133-160, January.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan, 1993. "A contingent claim approach to performance evaluation," Staff Report 159, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Glenn N. Pettengill & Bradford D. Jordan, 1988. "A Comprehensive Examination Of Volume Effects And Seasonality In Daily Security Returns," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 11(1), pages 57-70, March.
- Claessens, Stijn & Dasgupta, Susmita & Glen, Jack, 1995. "Return Behavior in Emerging Stock Markets," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(1), pages 131-151, January.
- Agrawal, Anup & Tandon, Kishore, 1994. "Anomalies or illusions? Evidence from stock markets in eighteen countries," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 83-106, February.
More about this item
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:92:y:2002:i:5:p:1618-1635. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.