Adjusting for cultural differences, a new DEA model applied to a merged bank
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 33 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/microeconomics/journal/11123/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bala, Kamel & Cook, Wade D., 2003. "Performance measurement with classification information: an enhanced additive DEA model," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 439-450, December.
- Drake, Leigh & Hall, Maximilian J.B. & Simper, Richard, 2006.
"The impact of macroeconomic and regulatory factors on bank efficiency: A non-parametric analysis of Hong Kong's banking system,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 1443-1466, May.
- Leigh M. Drake & Maximilian J. B. Hall & Richard Simper, 2005. "The Impact of Macroeconomic and Regulatory Factors on Bank Efficiency: A Non-Parametric Analysis of Hong Kong's Banking System," Working Papers 012005, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Knox Lovell, C. A. & Pastor, Jesus T., 1997. "Target setting: An application to a bank branch network," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 290-299, April.
- Liu, Junming & Tone, Kaoru, 2008. "A multistage method to measure efficiency and its application to Japanese banking industry," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 75-91, June.
- Sherman, H. David & Gold, Franklin, 1985. "Bank branch operating efficiency : Evaluation with Data Envelopment Analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 297-315, June.
- Avkiran, Necmi K. & Rowlands, Terry, 2008. "How to better identify the true managerial performance: State of the art using DEA," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 317-324, April.
- Rajiv D. Banker & Richard C. Morey, 1986. "The Use of Categorical Variables in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(12), pages 1613-1627, December.
- Darold Barnum & John Gleason, 2008. "Bias and precision in the DEA two-stage method," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(18), pages 2305-2311.
- Victor Podinovski & Emmanuel Thanassoulis, 2007. "Improving discrimination in data envelopment analysis: some practical suggestions," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 117-126, October.
- Schaffnit, Claire & Rosen, Dan & Paradi, Joseph C., 1997. "Best practice analysis of bank branches: An application of DEA in a large Canadian bank," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 269-289, April.
- H. Fried & C. Lovell & S. Schmidt & S. Yaisawarng, 2002. "Accounting for Environmental Effects and Statistical Noise in Data Envelopment Analysis," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 157-174, January.
- Cook, Wade D. & Seiford, Lawrence M. & Zhu, Joe, 2004. "Models for performance benchmarking: measuring the effect of e-business activities on banking performance," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 313-322, August.
- Ana Lozano-Vivas & Jesús Pastor & José Pastor, 2002. "An Efficiency Comparison of European Banking Systems Operating under Different Environmental Conditions," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 59-77, July.
- Dekker, David & Post, Thierry, 2001. "A quasi-concave DEA model with an application for bank branch performance evaluation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 296-311, July.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2007. "Estimation and inference in two-stage, semi-parametric models of production processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 31-64, January.
- Fried, Harold O. & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Eeckaut, Philippe Vanden, 1993. "Evaluating the performance of US credit unions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 251-265, April.
- Bhattacharyya, Arunava & Lovell, C. A. K. & Sahay, Pankaj, 1997. "The impact of liberalization on the productive efficiency of Indian commercial banks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 332-345, April.
- Flamholtz, Eric G. & Aksehirli, Zeynep, 2000. "Organizational success and failure:: an empirical test of a holistic model," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 488-498, October.
- Oral, Muhittin & Yolalan, Reha, 1990. "An empirical study on measuring operating efficiency and profitability of bank branches," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 282-294, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:33:y:2010:i:2:p:109-123. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.