Model selection in stochastic frontier analysis with an application to maize production in Kenya
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 31 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/microeconomics/journal/11123/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Huang, Yiping & Kalirajan, K. P., 1997.
"Potential of China's grain production: evidence from the household data,"
Blackwell, vol. 17(2-3), pages 191-199, December.
- Huang, Yiping & Kalirajan, Kaliappa P., 1997. "Potential of China's grain production: evidence from the household data," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 17(2-3), December.
- Munir Ahmad & Boris E. Bravo-Ureta, 1995.
"An Econometric Decomposition of Dairy Output Growth,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(4), pages 914-921.
- Ahmad, Munir & Boris E., Bravo-Ureta, 1995. "An econometric decomposition of dairy output growth," MPRA Paper 37678, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lamb, Russell L., 2003. "Inverse productivity: land quality, labor markets, and measurement error," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 71-95, June.
- Nyoro, James K. & Kirimi, Lilian & Jayne, Thomas S., 2004.
"Competitiveness of Kenyan and Ugandan Maize Production: Challenges for the Future,"
Food Security Collaborative Working Papers
55158, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Nyoro, James K. & Kirimi, Lilian & Jayne, Thom S., 2004. "Competitiveness of Kenyan and Ugandan Maize Production: Challenges for the Future," Working Papers 202669, Egerton University, Tegemeo Institute of Agricultural Policy and Development.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Biswas, Basudeb & Bailey, DeeVon, 1989. "A Study of Economic Efficiency of Utah Dairy Farmers: A System Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(4), pages 595-604, November.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Alvarez, Antonio & Arias, Carlos, 2004. "Technical efficiency and farm size: a conditional analysis," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 241-250, May.
- Antonio Alvarez & Christine Amsler & Luis Orea & Peter Schmidt, 2006.
"Interpreting and Testing the Scaling Property in Models where Inefficiency Depends on Firm Characteristics,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 201-212, 06.
- Álvarez, Antonio & Amsler, Christine & Orea, Luis & Schmidt Peter, 2005. "Interpreting and Testing the Scaling Property in Models where Inefficiency Depends on Firm Characteristics," Efficiency Series Papers 2005/03, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Peter Schmidt & Antonio Alvarez & Christine Amsler, 2004. "Interpreting and testing the scaling property in models where inefficiency depends on firm characteristics," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 520, Econometric Society.
- Hazarika, Gautam & Alwang, Jeffrey, 2003.
"Access to credit, plot size and cost inefficiency among smallholder tobacco cultivators in Malawi,"
Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 99-109, July.
- Hazarika, Gautam & Alwang, Jeffrey Roger, 2003. "Access to credit, plot size and cost inefficiency among smallholder tobacco cultivators in Malawi," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 29(1), July.
- Jacoby, Hanan C, 2000.
"Access to Markets and the Benefits of Rural Roads,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(465), pages 713-37, July.
- Sherlund, Shane M. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Adesina, Akinwumi A., 2002. "Smallholder technical efficiency controlling for environmental production conditions," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 85-101, October.
- Jaume Puig & Josep M. Argilés, 2000. "Measuring and explaining farm inefficiency in a panel data set of mixed farms," Economics Working Papers 503, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Ghosh, Soumendra & McGuckin, J Thomas, 1991. "A Generalized Production Frontier Approach for Estimating Determinants of Inefficiency in U.S. Dairy Farms," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(3), pages 279-86, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:31:y:2009:i:1:p:33-46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.