The role of social networks and institutions in the internationalization of Russian entrepreneurial firms: Do they matter?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruce Kogut & Harbir Singh, 1988. "The Effect of National Culture on the Choice of Entry Mode," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 19(3), pages 411-432, September.
- Musteen, Martina & Francis, John & Datta, Deepak K., 2010. "The influence of international networks on internationalization speed and performance: A study of Czech SMEs," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 197-205, July.
- Andreea Kiss & Wade Danis, 2010. "Social networks and speed of new venture internationalization during institutional transition: A conceptual model," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 273-287, September.
- Jan Johanson & Jan-Erik Vahlne, 2009. "The Uppsala internationalization process model revisited: From liability of foreignness to liability of outsidership," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 40(9), pages 1411-1431, December.
- Isabelle Huault & V. Perret & S. Charreire-Petit, 2007. "Management," Post-Print halshs-00337676, HAL.
- Simeon Djankov & Edward Miguel & Yingyi Qian & Gérard Roland & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2005. "Who are Russia's Entrepreneurs?," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 3(2-3), pages 587-597, 04/05.
- Saul Estrin & Delia Baghdasaryan & Klaus E. Meyer, 2009. "The Impact of Institutional and Human Resource Distance on International Entry Strategies," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(7), pages 1171-1196, November.
- Harris, Simon & Wheeler, Colin, 2005. "Entrepreneurs' relationships for internationalization: functions, origins and strategies," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 187-207, April.
- Mike Wright & Robert E. Hoskisson & Mike W. Peng, 2005. "Strategy Research in Emerging Economies: Challenging the Conventional Wisdom," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 1-33, January.
- Sasi, Viveca & Arenius, Pia, 2008. "International new ventures and social networks: Advantage or liability?," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 400-411, December.
- Benjamin M Oviatt & Patricia P McDougall, 2005. "The internationalization of entrepreneurship," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 36(1), pages 2-8, January.
- Kiss, Andreea N. & Danis, Wade M., 2008. "Country institutional context, social networks, and new venture internationalization speed," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 388-399, December.
- Coviello, Nicole & Munro, Hugh, 1997. "Network relationships and the internationalisation process of small software firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 361-386, August.
- Nicole E Coviello, 2006. "The network dynamics of international new ventures," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 37(5), pages 713-731, September.
- Michailova, Snejina & Worm, Verner, 2003. "Personal Networking in Russia and China:: Blat and Guanxi," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 509-519, August.
- Paul Ellis, 2000. "Social Ties and Foreign Market Entry," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 31(3), pages 443-469, September.
- Paul D Ellis, 2011. "Social ties and international entrepreneurship: Opportunities and constraints affecting firm internationalization," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 42(1), pages 99-127, January.
- Smallbone, David & Welter, Friederike, 2001. "The Distinctiveness of Entrepreneurship in Transition Economies," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 249-262, June.
- Coviello, Nicole E. & Jones, Marian V., 2004. "Methodological issues in international entrepreneurship research," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 485-508, July.
- O. Morrissey & I. Filatotchev, 2000. "Globalisation and Trade: The Implications for Exports from Marginalised Economies," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 1-12.
- Spencer, Jennifer W. & Gomez, Carolina, 2004. "The relationship among national institutional structures, economic factors, and domestic entrepreneurial activity: a multicountry study," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(10), pages 1098-1107, October.
- Chris Styles & Tim Ambler, 2000. "The Impact of Relational Variables on Export Performance: An Empirical Investigation in Australia and the UK," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 25(3), pages 261-281, December.
- Pia Arenius, 2005. "The Psychic Distance Postulate Revised: From Market Selection to Speed of Market Penetration," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 115-131, June.
- William K. Hutchinson, 2005. "“Linguistic Distance” as a Determinant of Bilateral Trade," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-15, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vi Dung Ngo & Frank Janssen & Marine Falize, 2016. "An incentive-based model of international entrepreneurship in emerging and transition economies," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 52-74, March.
- Daria Volchek & Ari Jantunen & Sami Saarenketo, 2013. "The institutional environment for international entrepreneurship in Russia: Reflections on growth decisions and performance in SMEs," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 320-350, December.
- Martineau, Charles & Pastoriza, David, 2016. "International involvement of established SMEs: A systematic review of antecedents, outcomes and moderators," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 458-470.
- repec:spr:intemj:v:13:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11365-016-0423-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peerayuth Charoensukmongkol, 2016.
"The interconnections between bribery, political network, government supports, and their consequences on export performance of small and medium enterprises in Thailand
[Las interconexiones entre sob," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 259-276, June.
- Johanna Kujala & Hanna Lehtimäki & Raminta Pučėtaitė, 2016. "Trust and Distrust Constructing Unity and Fragmentation of Organisational Culture," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 139(4), pages 701-716, December.
- Makhmadshoev, Dilshod & Ibeh, Kevin & Crone, Mike, 2015. "Institutional influences on SME exporters under divergent transition paths: Comparative insights from Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 1025-1038.
- Yákara Vasconcelos Pereira Leite & Walter Fernando Araújo Moraes & Viviane Santos Salazar, 2016. "Expressions of Relationship Networking in International Entrepreneurship," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 213-238, June.
- Victoria Golikova & Paivi Karhunen & Riitta Kosonen, 2013. "Internationalization of Russian firms as institutional arbitrage: The case of Finland," ERSA conference papers ersa13p1144, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:kap:jinten:v:15:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10843-017-0211-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Igor Laine & Tamara Galkina, 0. "The interplay of effectuation and causation in decision making: Russian SMEs under institutional uncertainty," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-37.
- Maria Smirnova & Vera Rebiazina & Irina Moreva, 2014. "Transforming Industry Landscapein Response to the Transition of the Economy – The Case of the Russian Bakery Industry," Tržište/Market, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb, vol. 26(1), pages 23-44.
- Shirokova, Galina V. & Sokolova, Liubov S., 2013. "Exploring the Antecedents of Entrepreneurial Orientation in Russian SMEs: The Role of Institutional Environment," Working Papers 819, Graduate School of Management, St. Petersburg State University.
More about this item
KeywordsNetworks; International entrepreneurship; Institutions; Russia; Case study; Honest business practices;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jinten:v:10:y:2012:i:3:p:177-199. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .