Comparing spatially varying coefficient models: a case study examining violent crime rates and their relationships to alcohol outlets and illegal drug arrests
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Wheeler & Catherine Calder, 2007. "An assessment of coefficient accuracy in linear regression models with spatially varying coefficients," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 145-166, June.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1995:85:3:335-340_1 is not listed on IDEAS
- David C Wheeler, 2007. "Diagnostic tools and a remedial method for collinearity in geographically weighted regression," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 39(10), pages 2464-2481, October.
- David Wheeler & Michael Tiefelsdorf, 2005. "Multicollinearity and correlation among local regression coefficients in geographically weighted regression," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, pages 161-187.
- Gelfand A.E. & Kim H-J. & Sirmans C.F. & Banerjee S., 2003. "Spatial Modeling With Spatially Varying Coefficient Processes," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 98, pages 387-396, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gollini, Isabella & Lu, Binbin & Charlton, Martin & Brunsdon, Christopher & Harris, Paul, 2015. "GWmodel: An R Package for Exploring Spatial Heterogeneity Using Geographically Weighted Models," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 63(i17).
- A. Stewart Fotheringham & Taylor M. Oshan, 2016. "Geographically weighted regression and multicollinearity: dispelling the myth," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, pages 303-329.
- Maria Terres & Alan Gelfand, 2015. "Using spatial gradient analysis to clarify species distributions with application to South African protea," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, pages 227-247.
- Ashley N. Arnio & Eric P. Baumer, 2012. "Demography, foreclosure, and crime:," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 26(18), pages 449-488, May.
More about this item
KeywordsGWR; Bayesian regression; Collinearity; Penalization methods; C11; C13; C21;
- C11 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Bayesian Analysis: General
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jgeosy:v:11:y:2009:i:1:p:1-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .