Ethical Foundations of Financial Regulation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- John H. Kareken, 1983. "Deposit insurance reform or deregulation is the cart, not the horse," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Calomiris, Charles W & Mason, Joseph R, 1997.
"Contagion and Bank Failures during the Great Depression: The June 1932 Chicago Banking Panic,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 863-883, December.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Joseph R. Mason, 1994. "Contagion and Bank Failures During the Great Depression: The June 1932 Chicago Banking Panic," NBER Working Papers 4934, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Joseph R. Mason, 1995. "Contagion and bank failures during the Great Depression: the June 1932 Chicago banking panic," Proceedings 451, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Benston, George J & Kaufman, George G, 1996. "The Appropriate Role of Bank Regulation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(436), pages 688-697, May.
- Michael J. Brennan, 1994. "Incentives, Rationality, And Society," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 7(2), pages 31-39.
- Douglas W. Diamond, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414.
- Baumol, William J & Lee, Kyu Sik, 1991. "Contestable Markets, Trade, and Development," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 6(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Knetsch, Jack L & Thaler, Richard, 1986. "Fairness as a Constraint on Profit Seeking: Entitlements in the Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 728-741, September.
- Kane, Edward J., 1995. "Three paradigms for the role of capitalization requirements in insured financial institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 431-459, June.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-325, June.
- Thomas F. Cargill & Thomas Mayer, 1992. "U.S. Deposit Insurance Reform," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 10(3), pages 95-103, July.
- Ely, David P. & Varaiya, Nikhil P., 1996. "Opportunity costs incurred by the RTC in cleaning up S&L insolvencies," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 291-310.
- Gary S. Becker, 1983. "A Theory of Competition Among Pressure Groups for Political Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(3), pages 371-400.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McShane, Michael K. & Cox, Larry A. & Butler, Richard J., 2010. "Regulatory competition and forbearance: Evidence from the life insurance industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 522-532, March.
- Michael Beenstock, 2010. "Regulatory Failure in the Subprime Crisis," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 147-150, February.
- John Wagster, 1999. "The Basle Accord of 1988 and the International Credit Crunch of 1989–1992," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 15(2), pages 123-143, March.
- Kenneth Patrick Vincent O'Sullivan & Stephen Kinsella, 2013.
"Financial and regulatory failure: The case of Ireland,"
Journal of Banking Regulation,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 14(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Kenneth Patrick Vincent O'Sullivan & Stephen Kinsella, 2011. "Financial and Regulatory Failure: The Case of Ireland," Working Papers 201136, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Edward Kane, 2000. "Architecture of Supra-Governmental International Financial Regulation," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 18(2), pages 301-318, December.
- Kane, Edward J., 2002.
"Using deferred compensation to strengthen the ethics of financial regulation,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(9), pages 1919-1933, September.
- Edward J. Kane, 2001. "Using Deferred Compensation to Strengthen the Ethicsof Financial Regulation," NBER Working Papers 8399, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Larry D. Wall & Timothy W. Koch, 2000. "Bank loan-loss accounting: a review of theoretical and empirical evidence," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q2, pages 1-20.
- Larry Wall & Robert Eisenbeis, 1999.
"Financial Regulatory Structure and the Resolution of Conflicting Goals,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 16(2), pages 223-245, December.
- Robert A. Eisenbeis & Larry D. Wall, 1998. "Financial regulatory structure and the resolution of conflicting goals," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Sep.
- Larry D. Wall & Robert A. Eisenbeis, 1999. "Financial regulatory structure and the resolution of conflicting goals," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 99-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Bear, Larry Alan & Maldonado-Bear, Rita, 2002. "The securities industry and the law," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(9), pages 1867-1888, September.
- Donald P. Morgan, 1998. "Judging the risk of banks: what makes banks opaque?," Research Paper 9805, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Carlos E. Cuevas & Klaus P. Fischer, 2006. "Cooperative Financial Institutions : Issues in Governance, Regulation, and Supervision," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7107, August.
- Argandoña, Antonio, 2000. "Sobre la corrupción," IESE Research Papers D/418, IESE Business School.
- Schüler, Martin, 2003. "Incentive Problems in Banking Supervision: The European Case," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-62, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Brunner, Gregory & Hinz, Richard & Rocha, Roberto, 2008. "Risk-based supervision of pension funds : a review of international experience and preliminary assessment of the first outcomes," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4491, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfsres:v:12:y:1997:i:1:p:51-74. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.