Relation of Parental Caring to Conspicuous Consumption Attitudes in Adolescents
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Clinton Gudmunson & Sharon Danes, 2011. "Family Financial Socialization: Theory and Critical Review," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 644-667, December.
- Belk, Russell W, 1985. "Materialism: Trait Aspects of Living in the Material World," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(3), pages 265-280, December.
- Wilfred Amaldoss & Sanjay Jain, 2005. "Conspicuous Consumption and Sophisticated Thinking," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(10), pages 1449-1466, October.
- Qingwen Dong & Xiaobing Cao, 2006. "The Impact of American Media Exposure and Self-Esteem on Chinese Urban Adolescent Purchasing Involvement," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 664-674, December.
- Robertson, Thomas S & Rossiter, John R, 1974. "Children and Commercial Persuasion: An Attribution Theory Analysis," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 13-20, June.
- John, Deborah Roedder, 1999. "Consumer Socialization of Children: A Retrospective Look at Twenty-Five Years of Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(3), pages 183-213, December.
- Michael Gutter & Zeynep Copur, 2011. "Financial Behaviors and Financial Well-Being of College Students: Evidence from a National Survey," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 699-714, December.
- Ward, Scott, 1974. "Consumer Socialization," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(2), pages 1-14, Se.
- Bagwell, Laurie Simon & Bernheim, B Douglas, 1996. "Veblen Effects in a Theory of Conspicuous Consumption," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 349-373, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adam Hancock & Bryce Jorgensen & Melvin Swanson, 2013. "College Students and Credit Card Use: The Role of Parents, Work Experience, Financial Knowledge, and Credit Card Attitudes," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 369-381, December.
- Bryce L. Jorgensen & Diane Foster & Jakob F. Jensen & Elisabete Vieira, 2017. "Financial Attitudes and Responsible Spending Behavior of Emerging Adults: Does Geographic Location Matter?," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 70-83, March.
- Gina Chowa & Mathieu Despard, 2014. "The Influence of Parental Financial Socialization on Youth’s Financial Behavior: Evidence from Ghana," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 376-389, September.
- Helen Duh & Sarah Benmoyal-Bouzaglo & George Moschis & Lilia Smaoui, 2015. "Examination of Young Adults’ Materialism in France and South Africa Using Two Life-Course Theoretical Perspectives," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 251-262, June.
- Sharon Danes & Katherine Brewton, 2014. "The Role of Learning Context in High School Students’ Financial Knowledge and Behavior Acquisition," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 81-94, March.
- Zhu, Alex Yue Feng, 2020. "Impact of school financial education on parental saving socialization in Hong Kong adolescents," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 87(C).
More about this item
KeywordsConspicuous consumption; Materialism; Media use; Parental caring; Self-determination theory; Theory of the leisure class;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfamec:v:33:y:2012:i:4:p:389-399. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.