Technological innovation and multinational expansion: A two-way link?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- d'Aspremont, Claude & Jacquemin, Alexis, 1990.
"Cooperative and Noncooperative R&D in Duopoly with Spillovers: Erratum,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 641-642, June.
- d'ASPREMONT, Claude & JACQUEMIN, Alexis, 1990. "Cooperative and noncooperative R&D in duopoly with spillovers: Erratum," CORE Discussion Papers RP 892, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hirschey, Mark, 1981. "R&D intensity and multinational involvement," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 87-93.
- David J. Teece, 2008.
"Technology Transfer By Multinational Firms: The Resource Cost Of Transferring Technological Know-How,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: The Transfer And Licensing Of Know-How And Intellectual Property Understanding the Multinational Enterprise in the Modern World, chapter 1, pages 1-22
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- David J. Teece, 2003. "Technology Transfer by Multinational Firms: The Resource Cost of Transferring Technological Know-How," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Essays In Technology Management And Policy Selected Papers of David J Teece, chapter 10, pages 262-288 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Teece, David J, 1977. "Technology Transfer by Multinational Firms: The Resource Cost of Transferring Technological Know-how," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 87(346), pages 242-261, June.
- De Bondt, Raymond & Sleuwaegen, Leo & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 1988. "Innovative strategic groups in multinational industries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 905-925, April.
- Veugelers, Reinhilde & Houte, Peter Vanden, 1990. "Domestic R&D in the presence of multinational enterprises," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-15.
- Barbara J. Spencer & James A. Brander, 1983.
"International R & D Rivalry and Industrial Strategy,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 50(4), pages 707-722.
- Barbara J. Spencer & James A. Brander, 1982. "International R&D Rivalry and Industrial Strategy," Working Papers 518, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Barbara J. Spencer & James A. Brander, 1983. "International R&D Rivalry and Industrial Strategy," NBER Working Papers 1192, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kamien,Morton I. & Schwartz,Nancy L., 1982. "Market Structure and Innovation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521293853, April.
- Sanna-Randaccio, Francesca, 1996. "New protectionism and multinational companies," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1-2), pages 29-51, August.
- Mansfield, Edwin & Romeo, Anthony & Wagner, Samuel, 1979. "Foreign Trade and U.S. Research and Development," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(1), pages 49-57, February.
- Ignatius J. Horstmann & James R. Markusen, 1990. "Endogenous Market Structures in International Trade," NBER Working Papers 3283, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Fung, 1994. "Technology policies, technology transfer by multinational enterprises and R&D activities in LDCs," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 275-287, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan Bárcena-Ruiz & María Garzón, 2014. "Relocation and investment in R&D by firms," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 13(1), pages 25-38, April.
- Norback, Pehr-Johan, 2001. "Multinational firms, technology and location," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 449-469, August.
- Petit, Maria-Luisa & Sanna-Randaccio, Francesca, 2000. "Endogenous R&D and foreign direct investment in international oligopolies," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 339-367, February.
- repec:eee:iburev:v:26:y:2017:i:3:p:405-416 is not listed on IDEAS
- Leahy, Dermot & Pavelin, Stephen, 2008. "Playing away to win at home," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 60(5), pages 455-468.
- Hiroshi Mukunoki, 2017.
"Market access and technology adoption in the presence of FDI,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 122(3), pages 199-238, November.
- MUKUNOKI Hiroshi, 2013. "Market Access and Technology Adoption in the Presence of FDI," Discussion papers 13040, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Pavelin, Stephen, 2000. "Foreign Production, Strategic Choice and the Domestic Market Effect," CEPR Discussion Papers 2587, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Spyros Arvanitis & Heinz Hollenstein, 2001. "Technologiestandort Schweiz im Zuge der Globalisierung: Eine explorative Analyse der F&E-Aktivitäten schweizerischer Industrieunternehmen im Ausland," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 137(II), pages 129-148, June.
- Castellani, Davide & Montresor, Sandro & Schubert, Torben & Vezzani, Antonio, 2017.
"Multinationality, R&D and productivity: Evidence from the top R&D investors worldwide,"
International Business Review,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 405-416.
- Davide Castellani & Sandro Montresor & Torben Schubert & Antonio Vezzani, 2015. "Multinationality, R&D and Productivity Evidence from the top R&D investors worldwide," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2015-04, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Castellani, Davide & Montresor, Sandro & Schubert, Torben & Vezzani, Antonio, 2016. "Multinationality, R&D and Productivity: Evidence from the top R&D investors worldwide," Papers in Innovation Studies 2016/18, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Davide Castellani & Sandro Montresor & Torben Schubert & Antonio Vezzani, 2016. "Multinationality, R&D and productivity: Evidence from the top R&D investors worldwide," John H Dunning Centre for International Business Discussion Papers jhd-dp2016-04, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Chih‐Hai Yang & Yi‐Yin Wu & Hui‐Lin Lin, 2010. "Outward Investment To China And Local Innovation Of Taiwanese Manufacturing Firms," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 61(4), pages 538-557, December.
- Cowling, Marc & Fryges, Helmut & Licht, Georg & Murray, Gordon, 2007. "The survival and growth of 'adolescent' high-tech firms in Germany and the UK, 1997-2003," ZEW Expertises, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research, number 110480, May.
- Davide Castellani, 2002.
"Firms' Technological Trajectories and the Creation of Foreign Subsidiaries,"
International Review of Applied Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 359-371.
- Davide Castellani, 2001. "Firms’ technological trajectories and the creation of foreign subsidiaries," International Trade 0108003, EconWPA.
- Francesco Di Comite & d’Artis Kancs, 2015. "Macro-Economic Models for R&D and Innovation Policies," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2015-03, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Bertrand, Olivier & Hakkala, Katariina & Norbäck, Pehr-Johan, 2007. "Cross-Border Acquisition or Greenfield Entry: Does it Matter for Affiliate R&D?," Working Paper Series 693, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
More about this item
Keywordstechnology; trade; foreign direct investment; multinational company; F23; L12; O33;
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jeczfn:v:68:y:1998:i:1:p:1-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.