Endogenous cost asymmetry and insufficient entry in the absence of scale economies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Arijit Mukherjee, "undated". "Endogenous cost asymmetry and insufficient entry in the absence of scale economies," Discussion Papers 10/12, University of Nottingham, School of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kotaro Suzumura & Kazuharu Kiyono, 1987. "Entry Barriers and Economic Welfare," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(1), pages 157-167.
- Cabral, Luis M. B., 2004. "Simultaneous entry and welfare," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(5), pages 943-957, October.
- Anderson, Simon P & de Palma, Andre & Nesterov, Yurii, 1995.
"Oligopolistic Competition and the Optimal Provision of Products,"
Econometric Society, vol. 63(6), pages 1281-1301, November.
- ANDERSON, Simon P. & DE PALMA, André & NESTEROV, Yurii, 1994. "Oligopolistic Competition and the Optimal Provision of Products," CORE Discussion Papers 1994034, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Anderson, S. P. & De Palma, A. & Nesterov, Y., 1995. "Oligopolistic competition and the optimal provision of products," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1179, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Okuno-Fujiwara, Masahiro & Suzumura, Kotaro, 1993.
"Symmetric Cournot Oligopoly and Economic Welfare: A Synthesis,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 3(1), pages 43-59, January.
- Masahiro Okuno-Fujiwara & Kotaro Suzumura, 1991. "Symmetric Cournot Oligopoly and Economic Welfare: A Synthesis," Discussion Paper Series a242, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Michael D. Whinston, 1986. "Free Entry and Social Inefficiency," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(1), pages 48-58, Spring.
- Jingang Zhao, 2009. "Necessary and sufficient conditions for the optimal number of firms," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 98(3), pages 235-246, December.
- Arghya Ghosh & Souresh Saha, 2007. "Excess Entry in the Absence of Scale Economies," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 30(3), pages 575-586, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:itaxpf:v:24:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s10797-016-9434-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Angela C. Chao & Zhengning Pu, 2017. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmentally Sound Technology in Endogenous Firm Growth," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(2), pages 1-13, February.
- Laszlo Goerke, 2017.
"Tax evasion in a Cournot oligopoly with endogenous entry,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 24(5), pages 754-779, September.
- Laszlo Goerke, 2016. "Tax Evasion in a Cournot Oligopoly with Endogenous Entry," CESifo Working Paper Series 6239, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
KeywordsExcessive entry; Insufficient entry; Cost asymmetry; R&D; L13; L40; L50;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L40 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - General
- L50 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jeczfn:v:106:y:2012:i:1:p:75-82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.