Excess Entry in the Absence of Scale Economies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Basu, Kaushik & Ghosh, Arghya & Ray, Tridip, 1997. "The Babu and Boxwallah: Managerial Incentives and Government Intervention in a Developing Economy," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 71-90, February.
- Gérard Gaudet & Stephen W. Salant, 1991.
"Uniqueness of Cournot Equilibrium: New Results From Old Methods,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 399-404.
- Gaudet, G. & Salant, S.W., 1988. "Uniqueness Of Cournot Equilibrium: New Results From Old Methods," Cahiers de recherche 8818, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Gaudet, G. & Salant, S., 1988. "Uniqueness Of Cournot Equilibrium: New Results From Old Methods," Papers 89-10, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Michael D. Whinston, 1986. "Free Entry and Social Inefficiency," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(1), pages 48-58, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leonard Wang & Angela Chao & Jen-yao Lee, 2015. "R&D and Social Inefficiency of Entry," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 181-187, June.
- Keisuke Hattori & Takeshi Yoshikawa, 2016.
"Free entry and social inefficiency under co-opetition,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 118(2), pages 97-119, June.
- Hattori, Keisuke & Yoshikawa, Takeshi, 2013. "Free Entry and Social Inefficiency under Co-opetition," MPRA Paper 44816, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mahito Okura, 2009. "An economic analysis of risk management in the airline industry," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 566-574.
- Basak, Debasmita & Mukherjee, Arijit, 2016. "Social efficiency of entry in a vertically related industry," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 8-10.
- In Kyung Kim & Yoon-Jin Lee & Young-Ro Yoon, 2017. "Sequential Supply Decision and Market Efficiency: Theory and Evidence," Working Papers 1703, Nazarbayev University, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2017.
- Arijit Mukherjee, 2012.
"Endogenous cost asymmetry and insufficient entry in the absence of scale economies,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 106(1), pages 75-82, May.
- Arijit Mukherjee, "undated". "Endogenous cost asymmetry and insufficient entry in the absence of scale economies," Discussion Papers 10/12, University of Nottingham, School of Economics.
- Arijit Mukherjee, 2010. "External Economies of Scale and Insufficient Entry," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 365-371, September.
- Marjit, Sugata & Mukherjee, Arijit, 2013. "Foreign competition and social efficiency of entry," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 108-112.
- repec:kap:jeczfn:v:120:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s00712-016-0502-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francisco Galera & Isabel RodrÃguez-Tejedo & Juan C. Molero, 2012. "Free Entry and Welfare with Different Firms," Faculty Working Papers 17/12, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:12:y:2007:i:33:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chao, Chi-Chur & Nabin, Munirul & Nguyen, Xuan & Sgro, Pasquale M., 2016. "Wage inequality and welfare in developing countries: Privatization and reforms in the short and long run," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 474-483.
- repec:eee:mateco:v:73:y:2017:i:c:p:86-102 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:manchs:v:85:y:2017:i:1:p:1-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arijit Mukherjee & Udo Broll & Soma Mukherjee, 2009.
"The welfare effects of entry: the role of the input market,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 98(3), pages 189-201, December.
- Arijit Mukherjee & Udo Broll & Soma Mukherjee, "undated". "The welfare effects of entry: the role of the input market," Discussion Papers 08/12, University of Nottingham, School of Economics.
- Arijit Mukherjee & Soma Mukherjee, 2008. "Excess-Entry Theorem: The Implications Of Licensing," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 76(6), pages 675-689, December.
- Arijit Mukherjee, 2007. "Entry in a Stackelberg perfect equilibrium," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 12(33), pages 1-6.
More about this item
KeywordsFree entry; Economies of scale; Business-stealing; Excess entry; Cournot; Stackelberg; L51; L52;
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:30:y:2007:i:3:p:575-586. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .