Decomposition of gini and multivariate gini indices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thibault Gajdos & John Weymark, 2005.
"Multidimensional generalized Gini indices,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 26(3), pages 471-496, October.
- Thibault Gajdos & John A. Weymark, 2003. "Multidimensional Generalized Gini Indices," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0311, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics, revised Jul 2003.
- Thibault Gajdos & John Weymark, 2005. "Multidimensional Generalized Gini Indices," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00085881, HAL.
- Thibault Gajdos & John A. Weymark, 2003. "Multidimensional generalized Gini indices," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 16-2003, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Thibault Gadjos & John A, Weymark, 2003. "Multidimensional Generalized Gini Indices," Working Papers 2003-16, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Yitzhaki, Shlomo & Lerman, Robert I, 1991. "Income Stratification and Income Inequality," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 37(3), pages 313-329, September.
- Baringhaus, L. & Franz, C., 2004. "On a new multivariate two-sample test," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 190-206, January.
- Oja, Hannu, 1983. "Descriptive statistics for multivariate distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 1(6), pages 327-332, October.
- Pyatt, Graham, 1976. "On the Interpretation and Disaggregation of Gini Coefficients," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(342), pages 243-255, June.
- Dagum, Camilo, 1997. "A New Approach to the Decomposition of the Gini Income Inequality Ratio," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 515-531.
- Koshevoy, G. A. & Mosler, K., 1997. "Multivariate Gini Indices," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 252-276, February.
- Gleb A. Koshevoy & Karl Mosler, 2007. "Multivariate Lorenz dominance based on zonoids," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 91(1), pages 57-76, March.
- Gleb Koshevoy, 1997. "The Lorenz zonotope and multivariate majorizations," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 15(1), pages 1-14.
- Anthony Shorrocks & Guanghua Wan, 2005. "Spatial decomposition of inequality," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 59-81, January.
- Lerman, Robert I. & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1984. "A note on the calculation and interpretation of the Gini index," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 15(3-4), pages 363-368.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mornet, Pauline & Zoli, Claudio & Mussard, Stéphane & Sadefo-Kamdem, Jules & Seyte, Françoise & Terraza, Michel, 2013. "The (α, β)-multi-level α-Gini decomposition with an illustration to income inequality in France in 2005," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 944-963.
- Benito Frosini, 2012. "Approximation and decomposition of Gini, Pietra–Ricci and Theil inequality measures," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 175-197, August.
- Okamoto, Masato, 2012.
"The Relationship between the Equivalence Scale and the Inequality Index and Its Impact on the Measurement of Income Inequality,"
37410, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Masato Okamoto, 2012. "The Relationship between the Equivalence Scale and the Inequality Index and its Impact on the Measurement of Income Inequality," LIS Working papers 575, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Paolo Radaelli, 2010. "On the Decomposition by Subgroups of the Gini Index and Zenga's Uniformity and Inequality Indexes," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 78(1), pages 81-101, April.
More about this item
KeywordsBrunn–Minkowski inequality; Completely Identical Distribution (CID) condition; Cramér test; Multi-dimensional Gini index; Multilevel decomposition; Source decomposition; Subgroup decomposition;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jecinq:v:7:y:2009:i:2:p:153-177. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.