Minimum wages and poverty with income-sharing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Edward M. Gramlich, 1976. "Impact of Minimum Wages on Other Wages, Employment, and Family Incomes," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 7(2), pages 409-462.
- Mincer, Jacob, 1976. "Unemployment Effects of Minimum Wages," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 87-104, August.
- Fields, Gary S., 1997. "Wage floors and unemployment: A two-sector analysis," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 85-91, March.
- Adams, Scott & Neumark, David, 2005.
"The effects of living wage laws: Evidence from failed and derailed living wage campaigns,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 177-202, September.
- Scott Adams & David Neumark, 2004. "The Effects of Living Wage Laws: Evidence From Failed and Derailed Living Wage Campaigns," PPIC Working Papers 2004.12, Public Policy Institute of California.
- Adams, Scott & Neumark, David, 2005. "The Effects of Living Wage Laws: Evidence from Failed and Derailed Living Wage Campaigns," IZA Discussion Papers 1566, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Scott Adams & David Neumark, 2005. "The Effects of Living Wage Laws: Evidence from Failed and Derailed Living Wage Campaigns," NBER Working Papers 11342, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephan Klasen & Ingrid Woolard, 2009.
"Surviving Unemployment Without State Support: Unemployment and Household Formation in South Africa,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 18(1), pages 1-51, January.
- Klasen, Stephan & Woolard, Ingrid, 2000. "Surviving Unemployment without State Support: Unemployment and Household Formation in South Africa," IZA Discussion Papers 237, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stephen Klasen & Ingrid Woolard, 2005. "Surviving unemployment without state support: Unemployment and household formation in South Africa," SALDRU/CSSR Working Papers 129, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Stephan Klasen & Ingrid Woolard, 2001. "Surviving Unemployment without State Support: Unemployment and Household Formation in South Africa," CESifo Working Paper Series 533, CESifo Group Munich.
- William Wascher & David Neumark, 2000. "Minimum Wages and Employment: A Case Study of the Fast-Food Industry in New Jersey and Pennsylvania: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1362-1396, December.
- David Neumark & William Wascher, 2002. "Do Minimum Wages Fight Poverty?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(3), pages 315-333, July.
- Lustig, N. & Mcleod, D., 1996. "Minimum Wages and Poverty in Developing Countries : Some Empirical Evidence," Papers 125, Brookings Institution - Working Papers.
- Freeman, Richard B, 1996. "The Minimum Wage as a Redistributive Tool," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(436), pages 639-649, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pauw, Karl & Leibbrandt, Murray, 2012. "Minimum Wages and Household Poverty: General Equilibrium Macro–Micro Simulations for South Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 771-783.
- Belser, Patrick. & Rani, Uma., 2010. "Extending the coverage of minimum wages in India : simulations from household data," ILO Working Papers 994584553402676, International Labour Organization.
- World Bank, 2013. "Minimum Wage Policy : Lessons with a Focus on the ASEAN Region," World Bank Other Operational Studies 16687, The World Bank.
- Frédéric Gavrel, 2011. "Is the Formal Sector too Large or too Small? A Reexamination of Minimum Wages in Developing Countries," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201108, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:102:y:2018:i:c:p:135-157 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ravi Kanbur & Tuuli Paukkeri & Jukka Pirttilä & Matti Tuomala, 2018.
"Optimal taxation and public provision for poverty reduction,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 25(1), pages 64-98, February.
- Ravi Kanbur & Jukka Pirttilä & Matti Tuomala & Tuuli Ylinen, 2015. "Optimal taxation and public provision for poverty reduction," WIDER Working Paper Series 054, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Kanbur Ravi & Paukkeri Tuuli & Pirttila Jukka & Tuomala Matti, 2016. "Optimal Taxation and Public Provision for Poverty Reduction," Working Papers 1611, University of Tampere, School of Management, Economics.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Pirttilä, Jukka & Tuomala, Matti & Ylinen, Tuuli, 2015. "Optimal Taxation and Public Provision for Poverty Reduction," CEPR Discussion Papers 10754, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Pirttila, Jukka & Tuomala, Matti & Ylinen, Tuuli, 2015. "Optimal Taxation And Public Provision For Poverty Reduction," Working Papers 250018, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Betcherman, Gordon, 2014. "Labor market regulations : what do we know about their impacts in developing countries ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6819, The World Bank.
- Goto, Hideaki, 2008. "The Optimal Minimum Wage for Poverty Minimization," Working Papers 51160, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Goto, Hideaki, 2008. "Labor Market Competitiveness and Poverty," Working Papers 51159, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Jacek Wallusch, 2010. "Poland: Minimum Wage, Employment and Labour Migration," Chapters,in: The Minimum Wage Revisited in the Enlarged EU, chapter 11 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Arnab Basu, 2013.
"Impact of rural employment guarantee schemes on seasonal labor markets: optimum compensation and workers’ welfare,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 11(1), pages 1-34, March.
- Basu, Arnab K., 2011. "Impact of Rural Employment Guarantee Schemes on Seasonal Labor Markets: Optimum Compensation and Workers' Welfare," IZA Discussion Papers 5701, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sergey Kapelyuk, 2015. "The effect of minimum wage on poverty," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 23(2), pages 389-423, April.
- Tabitha Mwangi, & Florence Nelima Simiyu & Lulit Mitik Beyene & Albert Onderi, 2017. "The effects of minimum wages on the labor market and income distribution in Kenya: A CGE analysis," Working Papers MPIA 2017-22, PEP-MPIA.
- Kapelyuk Sergey, 2014. "Impact of minimum wage on income distribution and poverty in Russia," EERC Working Paper Series 14/03e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
More about this item
Keywordsminimum wage; poverty; unemployment; D6; I32; J3; J64;
- D6 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- J3 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jecinq:v:5:y:2007:i:2:p:135-147. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.