Ethics, Diversity Management, and Financial Reporting Quality
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nina Smith & Valdemar Smith & Mette Verner, 2005.
"Do Women in Top Management Affect Firm Performance? A Panel Study of 2500 Danish Firms,"
CIE Discussion Papers
2005-03, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Smith, Nina & Smith, Valdemar & Verner, Mette, 2006. "Do Women in Top Management Affect Firm Performance? A Panel Study of 2500 Danish Firms," MPRA Paper 78715, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Smith, Nina & Smith, Valdemar & Verner, Mette, 2005. "Do Women in Top Management Affect Firm Performance? A Panel Study of 2500 Danish Firms," IZA Discussion Papers 1708, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kaplan, Steven E. & Ravenscroft, Susan P., 2004. "The Reputation Effects of Earnings Management in the Internal Labor Market," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(03), pages 453-478, July.
- Bushee, Brian J. & Matsumoto, Dawn A. & Miller, Gregory S., 2003. "Open versus closed conference calls: the determinants and effects of broadening access to disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-3), pages 149-180, January.
- repec:bla:joares:v:34:y:1996:i::p:83-105 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:37:y:1999:i:1:p:57-81 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zmijewski, Mark E. & Hagerman, Robert L., 1981. "An income strategy approach to the positive theory of accounting standard setting/choice," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 129-149, August.
- Guay, W. & Kothari, S.P. & Watts, R.L., 1996. "A Market-Based Evaluation of Discretionary-Accrual Models," Papers 96-01, Rochester, Business - Financial Research and Policy Studies.
- Claude Francoeur & Réal Labelle & Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné, 2008. "Gender Diversity in Corporate Governance and Top Management," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 81(1), pages 83-95, August.
- Burgstahler, David & Dichev, Ilia, 1997. "Earnings management to avoid earnings decreases and losses," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 99-126, December.
- Powell, Melanie & Ansic, David, 1997. "Gender differences in risk behaviour in financial decision-making: An experimental analysis," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 605-628, November.
- Adams, Renée B. & Ferreira, Daniel, 2009.
"Women in the boardroom and their impact on governance and performance,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 291-309, November.
- Adams, Renée B. & Ferreira, Daniel, 2008. "Women in the Boardroom and Their Impact on Governance and Performance," CEI Working Paper Series 2008-7, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Gaver, Jennifer J. & Gaver, Kenneth M. & Austin, Jeffrey R., 1995. "Additional evidence on bonus plans and income management," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 3-28, February.
- Park, Yun W. & Shin, Hyun-Han, 2004. "Board composition and earnings management in Canada," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 431-457, June.
- Sunden, Annika E & Surette, Brian J, 1998. "Gender Differences in the Allocation of Assets in Retirement Savings Plans," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 207-211, May.
- Holthausen, Robert W. & Larcker, David F. & Sloan, Richard G., 1995. "Annual bonus schemes and the manipulation of earnings," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 29-74, February.
- Gopal Krishnan & Linda Parsons, 2008. "Getting to the Bottom Line: An Exploration of Gender and Earnings Quality," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 78(1), pages 65-76, March.
- Healy, Paul M., 1985. "The effect of bonus schemes on accounting decisions," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1-3), pages 85-107, April.
- Flora F. Niu, 2006. "Corporate governance and the quality of accounting earnings: a Canadian perspective," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 2(4), pages 302-327, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shujun Ding & Chunxin Jia & Zhenyu Wu, 2016. "Mutual Fund Activism and Market Regulation During the Pre-IFRS Period: The Case of Earnings Informativeness in China from an Ethical Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 138(4), pages 765-785, November.
- Yongtao Hong & Margaret Andersen, 2011. "The Relationship Between Corporate Social Responsibility and Earnings Management: An Exploratory Study," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 104(4), pages 461-471, December.
- repec:bbz:fcpbbr:v:10:y:2013:i:4:p:110-132 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Breen & Robert Gillanders & Gemma Mcnulty & Akisato Suzuki, 2017. "Gender and Corruption in Business," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(9), pages 1486-1501, September.
- Jesus Sáenz González & Emma García-Meca, 2014. "Does Corporate Governance Influence Earnings Management in Latin American Markets?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 121(3), pages 419-440, May.
- Begoña Giner & Francisca Pardo, 2015. "How Ethical are Managers’ Goodwill Impairment Decisions in Spanish-Listed Firms?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 132(1), pages 21-40, November.
- Amélia Carrasco & Claude Francoeur & Isabelle Réal & Joaquina Laffarga & Emiliano Ruiz-Barbadillo, 2012. "Cultural differences and board gender diversity," Post-Print hal-00937923, HAL.
- Mehdi Nekhili & Hayette Gatfaoui, 2013.
"Are Demographic Attributes and Firm Characteristics Drivers of Gender Diversity? Investigating Women’s Positions on French Boards of Directors,"
Journal of Business Ethics,
Springer, vol. 118(2), pages 227-249, December.
- Mehdi Nekhili & Hayette Gatfaoui, 2013. "Are demographic attributes and firm characteristics drivers of gender diversity? Investigating women's positions on French boards of directors," Post-Print hal-00913360, HAL.
- Duong, Lien & Evans, John, 2016. "Gender differences in compensation and earnings management: Evidence from Australian CFOs," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 40(PA), pages 17-35.
- Pelucio-Grecco, Marta Cristina & Geron, Cecília Moraes Santostaso & Grecco, Gerson Begas & Lima, João Paulo Cavalcante, 2014. "The effect of IFRS on earnings management in Brazilian non-financial public companies," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 42-66.
- repec:kap:jmgtgv:v:21:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10997-016-9360-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Amalia Carrasco & Claude Francoeur & Réal Labelle & Joaquina Laffarga & Emiliano Ruiz-Barbadillo, 2015. "Appointing Women to Boards: Is There a Cultural Bias?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 129(2), pages 429-444, June.
- Helena Isidro & Márcia Sobral, 2015. "The Effects of Women on Corporate Boards on Firm Value, Financial Performance, and Ethical and Social Compliance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 132(1), pages 1-19, November.
More about this item
Keywordsethics; diversity; diversity management; governance; financial reporting quality; earnings management; earnings quality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:93:y:2010:i:2:p:335-353. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.