Ethics, Diversity Management, and Financial Reporting Quality
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nina Smith & Valdemar Smith & Mette Verner, 2005.
"Do Women in Top Management Affect Firm Performance? A Panel Study of 2500 Danish Firms,"
CIE Discussion Papers
2005-03, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Smith, Nina & Smith, Valdemar & Verner, Mette, 2006. "Do Women in Top Management Affect Firm Performance? A Panel Study of 2500 Danish Firms," MPRA Paper 78715, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Smith, Nina & Smith, Valdemar & Verner, Mette, 2005. "Do Women in Top Management Affect Firm Performance? A Panel Study of 2500 Danish Firms," IZA Discussion Papers 1708, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kaplan, Steven E. & Ravenscroft, Susan P., 2004. "The Reputation Effects of Earnings Management in the Internal Labor Market," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(03), pages 453-478, July.
- Bushee, Brian J. & Matsumoto, Dawn A. & Miller, Gregory S., 2003. "Open versus closed conference calls: the determinants and effects of broadening access to disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-3), pages 149-180, January.
- repec:bla:joares:v:34:y:1996:i::p:83-105 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:37:y:1999:i:1:p:57-81 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zmijewski, Mark E. & Hagerman, Robert L., 1981. "An income strategy approach to the positive theory of accounting standard setting/choice," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 129-149, August.
- Claude Francoeur & Réal Labelle & Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné, 2008. "Gender Diversity in Corporate Governance and Top Management," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 81(1), pages 83-95, August.
- Guay, W. & Kothari, S.P. & Watts, R.L., 1996. "A Market-Based Evaluation of Discretionary-Accrual Models," Papers 96-01, Rochester, Business - Financial Research and Policy Studies.
- Burgstahler, David & Dichev, Ilia, 1997. "Earnings management to avoid earnings decreases and losses," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 99-126, December.
- Powell, Melanie & Ansic, David, 1997. "Gender differences in risk behaviour in financial decision-making: An experimental analysis," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 605-628, November.
- Adams, Renée B. & Ferreira, Daniel, 2009.
"Women in the boardroom and their impact on governance and performance,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 291-309, November.
- Adams, Renée B. & Ferreira, Daniel, 2008. "Women in the Boardroom and Their Impact on Governance and Performance," CEI Working Paper Series 2008-7, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Gaver, Jennifer J. & Gaver, Kenneth M. & Austin, Jeffrey R., 1995. "Additional evidence on bonus plans and income management," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 3-28, February.
- Park, Yun W. & Shin, Hyun-Han, 2004. "Board composition and earnings management in Canada," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 431-457, June.
- Sunden, Annika E & Surette, Brian J, 1998. "Gender Differences in the Allocation of Assets in Retirement Savings Plans," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 207-211, May.
- Holthausen, Robert W. & Larcker, David F. & Sloan, Richard G., 1995. "Annual bonus schemes and the manipulation of earnings," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 29-74, February.
- Gopal Krishnan & Linda Parsons, 2008. "Getting to the Bottom Line: An Exploration of Gender and Earnings Quality," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 78(1), pages 65-76, March.
- Healy, Paul M., 1985. "The effect of bonus schemes on accounting decisions," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1-3), pages 85-107, April.
- Flora F. Niu, 2006. "Corporate governance and the quality of accounting earnings: a Canadian perspective," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 2(4), pages 302-327, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shujun Ding & Chunxin Jia & Zhenyu Wu, 2016. "Mutual Fund Activism and Market Regulation During the Pre-IFRS Period: The Case of Earnings Informativeness in China from an Ethical Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 765-785.
- Yongtao Hong & Margaret Andersen, 2011. "The Relationship Between Corporate Social Responsibility and Earnings Management: An Exploratory Study," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 461-471.
- repec:bbz:fcpbbr:v:10:y:2013:i:4:p:110-132 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Breen & Robert Gillanders & Gemma Mcnulty & Akisato Suzuki, 2017. "Gender and Corruption in Business," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(9), pages 1486-1501, September.
- Jesus Sáenz González & Emma García-Meca, 2014. "Does Corporate Governance Influence Earnings Management in Latin American Markets?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 121(3), pages 419-440, May.
- Begoña Giner & Francisca Pardo, 2015. "How Ethical are Managers’ Goodwill Impairment Decisions in Spanish-Listed Firms?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 132(1), pages 21-40, November.
- Amélia Carrasco & Claude Francoeur & Isabelle Réal & Joaquina Laffarga & Emiliano Ruiz-Barbadillo, 2012. "Cultural differences and board gender diversity," Post-Print hal-00937923, HAL.
- Mehdi Nekhili & Hayette Gatfaoui, 2013.
"Are Demographic Attributes and Firm Characteristics Drivers of Gender Diversity? Investigating Women’s Positions on French Boards of Directors,"
Journal of Business Ethics,
Springer, vol. 118(2), pages 227-249, December.
- Mehdi Nekhili & Hayette Gatfaoui, 2013. "Are demographic attributes and firm characteristics drivers of gender diversity? Investigating women's positions on French boards of directors," Post-Print hal-00913360, HAL.
- Duong, Lien & Evans, John, 2016. "Gender differences in compensation and earnings management: Evidence from Australian CFOs," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 40(PA), pages 17-35.
- Pelucio-Grecco, Marta Cristina & Geron, Cecília Moraes Santostaso & Grecco, Gerson Begas & Lima, João Paulo Cavalcante, 2014. "The effect of IFRS on earnings management in Brazilian non-financial public companies," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 42-66.
- repec:kap:jmgtgv:v:21:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10997-016-9360-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Amalia Carrasco & Claude Francoeur & Réal Labelle & Joaquina Laffarga & Emiliano Ruiz-Barbadillo, 2015. "Appointing Women to Boards: Is There a Cultural Bias?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 429-444.
- Helena Isidro & Márcia Sobral, 2015. "The Effects of Women on Corporate Boards on Firm Value, Financial Performance, and Ethical and Social Compliance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 1-19.
More about this item
Keywordsethics; diversity; diversity management; governance; financial reporting quality; earnings management; earnings quality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:93:y:2010:i:2:p:335-353. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .