Corporate Social Responsibility and Different Stages of Economic Development: Singapore, Turkey, and Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Isabelle Maignan & David A Ralston, 2002. "Corporate Social Responsibility in Europe and the U.S.: Insights from Businesses' Self-presentations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 33(3), pages 497-514, September.
- Chuck C Y Kwok & Solomon Tadesse, 2006. "The MNC as an agent of change for host-country institutions: FDI and corruption," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 37(6), pages 767-785, November.
- Vanessa M Strike & Jijun Gao & Pratima Bansal, 2006. "Being good while being bad: social responsibility and the international diversification of US firms," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 37(6), pages 850-862, November.
- Togan, Sübidey, 2015. "Technical Barriers to Trade : The case of Turkey and the European Union," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 30, pages 121-148.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1998.
"Law and Finance,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(6), pages 1113-1155, December.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, "undated". "Law and Finance," Working Paper 19451, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert, 1997. "Law And Finance," Harvard Institute for International Development (HIID) Papers 294393, Harvard University, Kennedy School of Government.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1768, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," NBER Working Papers 5661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1998. "Law and Finance," Scholarly Articles 3451310, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Peter Rodriguez & Donald S Siegel & Amy Hillman & Lorraine Eden, 2006. "Three lenses on the multinational enterprise: politics, corruption, and corporate social responsibility," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 37(6), pages 733-746, November.
- Bryan W Husted & David B Allen, 2006. "Corporate social responsibility in the multinational enterprise: strategic and institutional approaches," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 37(6), pages 838-849, November.
- David A Waldman & Mary Sully de Luque & Nathan Washburn & Robert J House & Bolanle Adetoun & Angel Barrasa & Mariya Bobina & Muzaffer Bodur & Yi-Jung Chen & Sukhendu Debbarma & Peter Dorfman & Rosemar, 2006. "Cultural and leadership predictors of corporate social responsibility values of top management: a GLOBE study of 15 countries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 37(6), pages 823-837, November.
- Goodstein, Jerry D. & Wicks, Andrew C., 2007. "Corporate and Stakeholder Responsibility: Making Business Ethics A Two-Way Conversation," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(3), pages 375-398, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chris Perryer & Brenda Scott-Ladd, 2014. "Deceit, Misuse and Favours: Understanding and Measuring Attitudes to Ethics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 121(1), pages 123-134, April.
- Nguyen Van Tuan & Nguyen Anh Tuan, 2016. "Corporate Governance Structures And Performance Of Firms In Asian Markets: A Comparative Analysis Between Singapore And Vietnam," Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies, Faculty of Economics, Vilnius University, vol. 7(2).
- Maria Anne Schmidt & Daniel Cracau, 2015. "Cross-Country Comparison of the Corporate Social Responsibility Orientation in Germany and Qatar: An Empirical Study among Business Students," FEMM Working Papers 150006, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Suzanne Young & Vijaya Thyil, 2014. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Corporate Governance: Role of Context in International Settings," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 122(1), pages 1-24, June.
- Monowar Mahmood & Janet Humphrey, 2013. "Stakeholder Expectation of Corporate Social Responsibility Practices: A Study on Local and Multinational Corporations in Kazakhstan," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 20(3), pages 168-181, May.
- Pisani, Niccolò & Kourula, Arno & Kolk, Ans & Meijer, Renske, 2017. "How global is international CSR research? Insights and recommendations from a systematic review," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 591-614.
- Xiao, Chengyong & Wang, Qian & van Donk, Dirk Pieter & van der Vaart, Taco, 2018. "When are stakeholder pressures effective? An extension of slack resources theory," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 199(C), pages 138-149.
- Amankwah-Amoah, Joseph, 2017. "Cultivating greater self-confidence in African management research," MPRA Paper 79751, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2017.
- Alexandre Sanches Garcia & Renato J. Orsato, 2020. "Testing the institutional difference hypothesis: A study about environmental, social, governance, and financial performance," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(8), pages 3261-3272, December.
- Tibebe Sirak Asfaw & Vida Botes & Lula G. Mengesha, 2017. "The role of NGOs in corporate environmental responsibility practice: evidence from Ethiopia," International Journal of Corporate Social Responsibility, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 1-9, December.
- Jamali, Dima & Jain, Tanusree & Samara, Georges & Zoghbi, Edwina, 2020. "How institutions affect CSR practices in the Middle East and North Africa: A critical review," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 55(5).
- Ahmed Al‐Abdin & Taposh Roy & John D. Nicholson, 2018. "Researching Corporate Social Responsibility in the Middle East: The Current State and Future Directions," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 25(1), pages 47-65, January.
- Valerie Priscilla Goby & Catherine Nickerson, 2016. "Conceptualization of CSR Among Muslim Consumers in Dubai: Evolving from Philanthropy to Ethical and Economic Orientations," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 136(1), pages 167-179, June.
- Christian M. Faller & Dodo zu Knyphausen-Aufseß, 2018. "Does Equity Ownership Matter for Corporate Social Responsibility? A Literature Review of Theories and Recent Empirical Findings," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 150(1), pages 15-40, June.
- Eulaiwi, Baban & Al-Hadi, Ahmed & Taylor, Grantley & Al-Yahyaee, Khamis Hamed & Evans, John, 2016. "Multiple directorships, family ownership and the board nomination committee: International evidence from the GCC," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 61-88.
- Ali Alotaibi & Francis Edum-Fotwe & Andrew D.F. Price, 2019. "Critical Barriers to Social Responsibility Implementation within Mega-Construction Projects: The Case of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(6), pages 1-27, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Park, Byung Il & Ghauri, Pervez N., 2015. "Determinants influencing CSR practices in small and medium sized MNE subsidiaries: A stakeholder perspective," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 192-204.
- Sadok El Ghoul & Omrane Guedhami & Yongtae Kim, 2017. "Country-level institutions, firm value, and the role of corporate social responsibility initiatives," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 48(3), pages 360-385, April.
- Wendy Chapple & Jeremy Moon, 2007. "CSR agendas for Asia," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 14(4), pages 183-188, September.
- José María Agudo-Valiente & Concepción Garcés-Ayerbe & Manuel Salvador-Figueras, 2017. "Corporate Social Responsibility Drivers and Barriers According to Managers’ Perception; Evidence from Spanish Firms," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(10), pages 1-24, October.
- Kim, Chung Hee & Amaeshi, Kenneth & Harris, Simon & Suh, Chang-Jin, 2013. "CSR and the national institutional context: The case of South Korea," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(12), pages 2581-2591.
- Kudla, Nicole & Stölzle, Wolfgang, 2011. "Sustainability Supply Chain Management Research," Die Unternehmung - Swiss Journal of Business Research and Practice, Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, vol. 65(3), pages 263-301.
- Dawn L. Keig & Lance Eliot Brouthers & Victor B. Marshall, 2015. "Formal and Informal Corruption Environments and Multinational Enterprise Social Irresponsibility," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 89-116, January.
- Zhao, Hongyan & Zhang, Fenghua & Kwon, Jongwook, 2018. "Corporate social responsibility research in international business journals: An author co-citation analysis," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 389-400.
- Ji Li & Ying Zhang & Yanghong Hu & Xiaolong Tao & Wanxing Jiang & Lei Qi, 2018. "Developed market or developing market?: A perspective of institutional theory on multinational enterprises’ diversification and sustainable development with environmental protection," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(7), pages 858-871, November.
- Mohammad Sohail Yunis & Dima Jamali & Hina Hashim, 2018. "Corporate Social Responsibility of Foreign Multinationals in a Developing Country Context: Insights from Pakistan," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(10), pages 1-20, September.
- Matteo Pedrini & Valentina Bramanti & Benedetto Cannatelli, 2016. "The impact of national culture and social capital on corporate social responsibility attitude among immigrants entrepreneurs," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 20(4), pages 759-787, December.
- Driffield, Nigel & Jones, Chris & Crotty, Jo, 2013. "International business research and risky investments, an analysis of FDI in conflict zones," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 140-155.
- Na Ni & Carolyn Egri & Carlos Lo & Carol Lin, 2015. "Patterns of Corporate Responsibility Practices for High Financial Performance: Evidence from Three Chinese Societies," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 126(2), pages 169-183, January.
- Delis, Agelos & Driffield, Nigel & Temouri, Yama, 2019. "The global recession and the shift to re-shoring: Myth or reality?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 632-643.
- Driffield, Nigel & Pereira, Vijay & Temouri, Yama, 2019. "Does offshore outsourcing impact home employment? Evidence from service multinationals," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 448-459.
- Javier Aguilera-Caracuel & Jaime Guerrero-Villegas & María Dolores Vidal-Salazar & Blanca L. Delgado-Márquez, 2015. "International Cultural Diversification and Corporate Social Performance in Multinational Enterprises: The Role of Slack Financial Resources," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 55(3), pages 323-353, June.
- Hyoung Ju Song & Kyung Ho Kang, 2019. "Implementing corporate social responsibility strategies in the hospitality and tourism firms: A culture-based approach," Tourism Economics, , vol. 25(4), pages 520-538, June.
- Wettstein, Florian & Giuliani, Elisa & Santangelo, Grazia D. & Stahl, Günter K., 2019. "International business and human rights: A research agenda," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 54-65.
- Valentina Marano & Tatiana Kostova, 2016. "Unpacking the Institutional Complexity in Adoption of CSR Practices in Multinational Enterprises," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1), pages 28-54, January.
- Kamini Gupta & Donal Crilly & Thomas Greckhamer, 2020. "Stakeholder engagement strategies, national institutions, and firm performance: A configurational perspective," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(10), pages 1869-1900, October.
More about this item
Keywordscorporate social responsibility; integrative social contracts theory; international economies; firm ownership structure; corporate governance; international investment; civil society; Singapore; Turkey; and Ethiopia;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:88:y:2009:i:4:p:617-633. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.