Ethics and Lobbying: The Case of Real Estate Brokerage
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven D. Levitt & Chad Syverson, 2008.
"Market Distortions When Agents Are Better Informed: The Value of Information in Real Estate Transactions,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(4), pages 599-611, November.
- Steven D. Levitt & Chad Syverson, 2005. "Market Distortions when Agents are Better Informed: The Value of Information in Real Estate Transactions," NBER Working Papers 11053, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benham, Lee, 1972. "The Effect of Advertising on the Price of Eyeglasses," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(2), pages 337-352, October.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:100:y:2006:i:01:p:69-84_06 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chang-Tai Hsieh & Enrico Moretti, 2003.
"Can Free Entry Be Inefficient? Fixed Commissions and Social Waste in the Real Estate Industry,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(5), pages 1076-1122, October.
- Chang-Tai Hsieh & Enrico Moretti, 2002. "Can Free Entry be Inefficient? Fixed Commissions and Social Waste in the Real Estate Industry," NBER Working Papers 9208, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maurizi, Alex R & Moore, Ruth L & Shepard, Lawrence, 1981. "Competing for Professional Control: Professional Mix in the Eyeglasses Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(2), pages 351-364, October.
- Milton Friedman & Simon Kuznets, 1954. "Income from Independent Professional Practice," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie54-1.
- Catherine Gowthorpe & Oriol Amat, 2004. "Creative accounting: Some ethical issues of macro- and micro-manipulation," Economics Working Papers 748, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Morris M. Kleiner, 2000. "Occupational Licensing," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 189-202, Fall.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1987.
"The Health Effects of Mandatory Prescriptions,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(2), pages 207-238, October.
- Sam Peltzman, 1986. "The Health Effects of Mandatory Prescriptions," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 38, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Linda L. Johnson & Christine Loucks, 1986. "The Effect of State Licensing Regulations on the Real Estate Brokerage Industry," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 14(4), pages 567-582.
- Maurizi, Alex, 1974. "Occupational Licensing and the Public Interest," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(2), pages 399-413, Part I, M.
- Sirmans, C. F. & Turnbull, Geoffrey K., 1997. "Brokerage Pricing under Competition," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 102-117, January.
- James D. Shilling & C. F. Sirmans, 1988. "The Effects of Occupational Licensing on Complaints Against Real Estate Agents," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 3(2), pages 1-9.
- Maya N. Federman & David E. Harrington & Kathy J. Krynski, 2006. "The Impact of State Licensing Regulations on Low-Skilled Immigrants: The Case of Vietnamese Manicurists," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 237-241, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- R. W. Major & Madina Rival, 2012. "From informal practices to formal conduct: Which ethical practices and issues for French lobbying consulting?," Working Papers halshs-00709380, HAL.
- Shu-Man You & Chun-Chang Lee & Ming-Hsun Tseng, 2012. "An Examination of Service Quality, Transaction Costs and Sales Ethics among Real Estate Advertising Sales Agents," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 15(2), pages 189-214.
- Shane Leong & James Hazelton & Cynthia Townley, 2013. "Managing the Risks of Corporate Political Donations: A Utilitarian Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 118(2), pages 429-445, December.
- Daniel B. Klein & Benjamin Powell & Evgeny S. Vorotnikov, 2012. "Was Occupational Licensing Good for Minorities? A Critique of Marc Law and Mindy Marks," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 9(3), pages 210-233, September.
More about this item
Keywordsbrokerage; ethics; real estate; regulation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:80:y:2008:i:1:p:23-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.