Buy, Lie, or Die: An Investigation of Chinese ST Firms’ Voluntary Interim Audit Motive and Auditor Independence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rick Antle & Elizabeth Gordon & Ganapathi Narayanamoorthy & Ling Zhou, 2006. "The joint determination of audit fees, non-audit fees, and abnormal accruals," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 235-266, November.
- repec:bla:joares:v:22:y:1984:i:1:p:1-20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jeffrey Miller, 2009. "Opportunistic Disclosures of Earnings Forecasts and Non-GAAP Earnings Measures," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 89(1), pages 3-10, May.
- Steven Kaplan & Pamela Roush & Linda Thorne, 2007. "Andersen and the Market for Lemons in Audit Reports," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 70(4), pages 363-373, February.
- Jason G. Cummins & Ingmar Nyman, 2005.
"The Dark Side of Competitive Pressure,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 36(2), pages 361-397, Summer.
- Jason G. Cummins & Ingmar Nyman, 2002. "The dark side of competitive pressure," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-43, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jason G. Cummins & Ingmar Nyman, 2002. "The Dark Side of Competitive Pressure," Economics Working Paper Archive at Hunter College 02/3, Hunter College Department of Economics, revised 2002.
- repec:bla:joares:v:29:y:1991:i:2:p:193-228 is not listed on IDEAS
- Craswell, Allen & Stokes, Donald J. & Laughton, Janet, 2002. "Auditor independence and fee dependence," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 253-275, June.
- David F. Larcker & Scott A. Richardson, 2004. "Fees Paid to Audit Firms, Accrual Choices, and Corporate Governance," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 625-658, June.
- Barber, Brad M. & Lyon, John D., 1996. "Detecting abnormal operating performance: The empirical power and specification of test statistics," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 359-399, July.
- Rick Antle & Elizabeth Gordon & Ganapathi Narayanamoorthy & Ling Zhou, 2002. "The Joint Determination of Audit Fees, Non-Audit Fees, and Abnormal Accruals," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2502, Yale School of Management, revised 02 May 2006.
- Jiang, Guohua & Wang, Hansheng, 2008. "Should earnings thresholds be used as delisting criteria in stock market?," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 409-419.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Weihui Fu & Satish Deshpande, 2012. "Factors Impacting Ethical Behavior in a Chinese State-Owned Steel Company," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 105(2), pages 231-237, January.
- Xingqiang Du, 2014. "Does Religion Mitigate Tunneling? Evidence from Chinese Buddhism," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 125(2), pages 299-327, December.
- repec:eee:accoun:v:52:y:2017:i:2:p:142-177 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:147:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2986-5 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsbusiness ethics; auditor independence; voluntary interim audit; earnings manipulation; special treatment; delisting; China;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:102:y:2011:i:1:p:135-153. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.