Strategic Capital Taxation in Large Open Economies with Mobile Capital
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Jiming Ha & Anne Sibert,, 1996. "Strategic Capital Taxation in Large Open Economies with Mobile Capital," Archive Discussion Papers 9608, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Jiming Ha & Anne C. Sibert, 1992. "Strategic capital taxation in large, open economies with mobile capital," Research Working Paper 92-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
References listed on IDEAS
- David G. Hartman, 1981. "Domestic Tax Policy and Foreign Investment: Some Evidence," NBER Working Papers 0784, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kehoe, Patrick J., 1987.
"Coordination of fiscal policies in a world economy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 349-376, May.
- Patrick J. Kehoe, 1986. "Coordination of fiscal policies in a world economy," Staff Report 98, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Lawrence H. Summers, 1988. "Tax Policy and International Competitiveness," NBER Chapters,in: International Aspects of Fiscal Policies, pages 349-386 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ghosh, Atish R., 1991.
"Strategic aspects of public finance in a world with high capital mobility,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3-4), pages 229-247, May.
- Ghosh, A.R., 1990. "Strtegic Aspects Of Public Finance In A World With High Capital Mobility," Papers 49, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Jason Cummins & R. Glenn Hubbard, 1995.
"The Tax Sensitivity of Foreign Direct Investment: Evidence from Firm-Level Panel Data,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Effects of Taxation on Multinational Corporations, pages 123-152
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jason G. Cummins & R. Glenn Hubbard, 1994. "The Tax Sensitivity of Foreign Direct Investment: Evidence from Firm-Level Panel Data," NBER Working Papers 4703, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sibert, Anne, 1990. "Taxing capital in a large, open economy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 297-317, April.
- Buiter, Willem H. & Kletzer, Kenneth M., 1991.
"The welfare economics of cooperative and noncooperative fiscal policy,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 215-244.
- Buiter, W.H. & Kletzer, K.M., 1990. "The Welfare Economics Of Cooperative And Noncooperative Fiscal Policy," Papers 612, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Willem H. Buiter & Kenneth M. Kletzer, 1990. "The Welfare Economics of Cooperative and Noncooperative Fiscal Policy," NBER Working Papers 3329, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Buiter, Willem H. & Kletzer, Kenneth, 1990. "The Welfare Economics of Cooperative and Uncooperative Fiscal Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 420, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- G. D. A. MacDougall, 1960. "THE BENEFITS and COSTS OF PRIVATE INVESTMENT FROM ABROAD: A THEORETICAL APPROACH," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 36(73), pages 13-35, March.
- Anne C. Sibert, 1985. "Capital Accumulation and Foreign Investment Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(2), pages 331-345.
- Chamley, Christophe, 1981.
"The Welfare Cost of Capital Income Taxation in a Growing Economy,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(3), pages 468-496, June.
- Christophe Chamley, 1980. "The Welfare Cost of Capital Income Taxation in a Growing Economy," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 553, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Michael J. Boskin & William G. Gale, 1987.
"New Results on the Effects of Tax Policy on the International Location of Investment,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Effects of Taxation on Capital Accumulation, pages 201-222
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael J. Boskin & William G. Gale, 1986. "New Results on the Effects of Tax Policy on the International Location of Investment," NBER Working Papers 1862, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gordon, Roger H, 1986. "Taxation of Investment and Savings in a World Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 1086-1102, December.
- Berndt, Ernst R, 1976. "Reconciling Alternative Estimates of the Elasticity of Substitution," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 58(1), pages 59-68, February.
- Joosung Jun, 1989. "U.S. Tax Policy and Direct Investment Abroad," NBER Working Papers 3049, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bovenberg, A.L., 1986. "Capital income taxation in growing open economies," Other publications TiSEM d92d32f6-df9f-418b-bbd3-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Chamley, Christophe, 1986. "Optimal Taxation of Capital Income in General Equilibrium with Infinite Lives," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 607-622, May.
- Patrick J. Kehoe, 1989. "Policy Cooperation Among Benevolent Governments May Be Undesirable," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(2), pages 289-296.
- Murray C. Kemp, 1962. "Foreign Investment And The National Advantage," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 38(81), pages 56-62, March.
- Bovenberg, A. Lans, 1986. "Capital income taxation in growing open economies," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 347-376, December.
- Assaf Razin & Efraim Sadka, 1991. "Vanishing Tax on Capital Income in the Open Economy," NBER Working Papers 3796, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gross, Till, 2014. "Equilibrium capital taxation in open economies under commitment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 75-87.
- Cees Withagen & Alex Halsema, 2013.
"Tax competition leading to strict environmental policy,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 20(3), pages 434-449, June.
- Cees Withagen & Alex Halsema, 2012. "Tax Competition Leading to Strict Environmental Policy," OxCarre Working Papers 076, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Geremia Palomba, 2004. "Capital Income Taxation and Economic Growth in Open Economies," IMF Working Papers 04/91, International Monetary Fund.
- Lorz, Jens Oliver, 1993. "Der Wettbewerb um international mobiles Kapital: Auswirkungen auf die nationale Finanzpolitik und die intertemporale Kapitalallokation," Kiel Working Papers 608, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Quadrini, Vincenzo, 2005. "Policy commitment and the welfare gains from capital market liberalization," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(8), pages 1927-1951, November.
More about this item
Keywordscapital taxation; capital mobility;
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:itaxpf:v:4:y:1997:i:3:p:243-262. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.