Policy commitment and the welfare gains from capital market liberalization
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chari, V V & Christiano, Lawrence J & Kehoe, Patrick J, 1994.
"Optimal Fiscal Policy in a Business Cycle Model,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(4), pages 617-652, August.
- V. V. Chari & Lawrence J. Christiano & Patrick J. Kehoe, 1993. "Optimal fiscal policy in a business cycle model," Staff Report 160, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- V. V. Chari & Lawrence J. Christiano & Patrick J. Kehoe, 1993. "Optimal Fiscal Policy in a Business Cycle Model," NBER Working Papers 4490, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jiming Ha & Anne Sibert, 1997.
"Strategic Capital Taxation in Large Open Economies with Mobile Capital,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 4(3), pages 243-262, July.
- Jiming Ha & Anne C. Sibert, 1992. "Strategic capital taxation in large, open economies with mobile capital," Research Working Paper 92-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Jiming Ha & Anne Sibert,, 1996. "Strategic Capital Taxation in Large Open Economies with Mobile Capital," Archive Discussion Papers 9608, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Mendoza, Enrique G. & Razin, Assaf & Tesar, Linda L., 1994.
"Effective tax rates in macroeconomics: Cross-country estimates of tax rates on factor incomes and consumption,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 297-323, December.
- Enrique G. Mendoza & Assaf Razin & Linda L. Tesar, 1994. "Effective Tax Rates in Macroeconomics: Cross-Country Estimates of Tax Rates on Factor Incomes and Consumption," NBER Working Papers 4864, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benhabib, Jess & Rustichini, Aldo, 1997. "Optimal Taxes without Commitment," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 231-259, December.
- Judd, Kenneth L, 1987.
"The Welfare Cost of Factor Taxation in a Perfect-Foresight Model,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(4), pages 675-709, August.
- Kenneth L. Judd, 1984. "The Welfare Cost of Factor Taxation in a Perfect Foresight Model," Discussion Papers 643, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Paul Klein & JosÈ-VÌctor RÌos-Rull, 2003. "Time-consistent optimal fiscal policy," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 44(4), pages 1217-1245, November.
- Chamley, Christophe, 1986. "Optimal Taxation of Capital Income in General Equilibrium with Infinite Lives," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 607-622, May.
- Jones, Larry E & Manuelli, Rodolfo E & Rossi, Peter E, 1993. "Optimal Taxation in Models of Endogenous Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 485-517, June.
- Patrick J. Kehoe, 1989. "Policy Cooperation Among Benevolent Governments May Be Undesirable," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(2), pages 289-296.
- Zhu, Xiaodong, 1992. "Optimal fiscal policy in a stochastic growth model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 250-289, December.
- Klein Paul & Quadrini Vincenzo & Rios-Rull Jose-Victor, 2005. "Optimal Time-Consistent Taxation with International Mobility Of Capital," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-36, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gross, Till, 2014. "Equilibrium capital taxation in open economies under commitment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 75-87.
- Levchenko, Andrei A. & Rancière, Romain & Thoenig, Mathias, 2009.
"Growth and risk at the industry level: The real effects of financial liberalization,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 210-222, July.
- Levchenko, Andrei A. & Rancière, Romain & Thoenig, Mathias, 2008. "Growth and Risk at the Industry Level: the Real Effects of Financial Liberalization," CEPR Discussion Papers 6715, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andréi A. Levchenko & Romain Rancière & Mathias Thoenig, 2009. "Growth and risk at the industry level: The real effects of financial liberalization," Post-Print halshs-00754348, HAL.
- Ayse Kabukcuoglu, 2014.
"The Redistributional Consequences of Tax Reform Under Financial Integration,"
Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers
1418, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Kabukcuoglu, Ayse, 2014. "The redistributional consequences of tax reform under financial integration," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 188, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Enrique G. Mendoza & Vincenzo Quadrini & José-Víctor Ríos-Rull, 2009.
"On the Welfare Implications of Financial Globalization without Financial Development,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics 2007, pages 283-312
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Enrique G. Mendoza & Vincenzo Quadrini & José-Victor Ríos-Rull, 2007. "On the Welfare Implications of Financial Globalization without Financial Development," NBER Working Papers 13412, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marina Azzimonti, 2016. "The Politics of FDI Expropriation," NBER Working Papers 22705, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marina Azzimonti-Renzo & Pierre-Daniel G. Sarte, 2007. "Barriers to foreign direct investment under political instability," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Sum, pages 287-315.
- repec:eee:dyncon:v:85:y:2017:i:c:p:90-122 is not listed on IDEAS
- Till Gross, 2013. "Capital Tax Competition and Dynamic Optimal Taxation," Carleton Economic Papers 13-08, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:49:y:2005:i:8:p:1927-1951. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.