Private retirement savings and mandatory annuitization
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Börsch-Supan, Axel & Reil-Held, Anette & Schunk, Daniel, 2008. "Saving incentives, old-age provision and displacement effects: evidence from the recent German pension reform," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 295-319, November.
- Hans Fehr & Christian Habermann, 2008.
"Private Retirement Savings in Germany: The Structure of Tax Incentives and Annuitization,"
SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research
133, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Hans Fehr & Christian Habermann, 2008. "Private Retirement Savings in Germany: The Structure of Tax Incentives and Annuitization," CESifo Working Paper Series 2238, CESifo Group Munich.
- Luisa Fuster & Ayse Imrohoroglu & Selahattin Imrohoroglu, 2005. "Personal Security Accounts and Mandatory Annuitization in a Dynastic Framework," CESifo Working Paper Series 1405, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mariacristina De Nardi, 2004.
"Wealth Inequality and Intergenerational Links,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 71(3), pages 743-768.
- Mariacristina De Nardi, 2002. "Wealth inequality and intergenerational links," Staff Report 314, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Mariacristina deNardi, 2000. "Wealth Inequality and Intergenerational Links," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0547, Econometric Society.
- Jeffrey R. Brown, 2002.
"Redistribution and Insurance: Mandatory Annuitization with Mortality Heterogeneity,"
NBER Working Papers
9256, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey R. Brown, 2003. "Redistribution and Insurance: Mandatory Annuitization With Mortality Heterogeneity," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(1), pages 17-41.
- Martin S. Feldstein, 1997.
"The Costs and Benefits of Going from Low Inflation to Price Stability,"
in: Reducing Inflation: Motivation and Strategy, pages 123-166
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Feldstein, 1996. "The Costs and Benefits of Going from Low Inflation to Price Stability," NBER Working Papers 5469, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernheim, B. Douglas, 2002.
"Taxation and saving,"
Handbook of Public Economics,
in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 18, pages 1173-1249
- Stephen G. Cecchetti & Pok-sang Lam & Nelson C. Mark, 1998.
"Asset Pricing with Distorted Beliefs: Are Equity Returns Too Good To Be True?,"
NBER Working Papers
6354, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pok-sang Lam & Stephen G. Cecchetti & Nelson C. Mark, 2000. "Asset Pricing with Distorted Beliefs: Are Equity Returns Too Good to Be True?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 787-805, September.
- Warren Hrung, 2002. "Income Uncertainty and IRAs," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 9(5), pages 591-599, September.
- Shinichi Nishiyama & Kent Smetters, 2005. "Consumption Taxes and Economic Efficiency with Idiosyncratic Wage Shocks," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(5), pages 1088-1115, October.
- Rowena A. Pecchenino & Patricia S. Pollard, 1995.
"The effects of annuities, bequests, and aging in an overlapping generations model of endogenous growth,"
1995-008, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Pecchenino, Rowena A & Pollard, Patricia S, 1997. "The Effects of Annuities, Bequests, and Aging in an Overlapping Generations Model of Endogenous Growth," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(440), pages 26-46, January.
- Fehr, Hans & Habermann, Christian, 2008. "Welfare effects of life annuities: Some clarifications," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 177-180, April.
- Hans Fehr & Christian Habermann & Fabian Kindermann, 2008.
"Tax-Favored Retirement Accounts: Are they Efficient in Increasing Savings and Growth?,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 64(2), pages 171-198, June.
- Hans Fehr & Christian Habermann & Fabian Kindermann, 2006. "Tax-Favored Retirement Accounts: Are they Efficient in Increasing Savings and Growth?," Working Papers 012, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Guan Gong & Anthony Webb, 2008. "Mortality Heterogeneity and the Distributional Consequences of Mandatory Annuitization," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 75(4), pages 1055-1079.
- Fehr, Hans, 1999. "Welfare Effects of Dynamic Tax Reforms," Beiträge zur Finanzwissenschaft, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, edition 1, volume 5, number urn:isbn:9783161470165.
- Dirk Krueger, 2006. "Public Insurance against Idiosyncratic and Aggregate Risk: The Case of Social Security and Progressive Income Taxation," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 52(4), pages 587-620, December.
- Orazio P. Attanasio & Thomas DeLeire, 2002. "The Effect Of Individual Retirement Accounts On Household Consumption And National Saving," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(6), pages 504-538, July.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521846325 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hans Fehr & Ã˜ystein ThÃ¸gersen, 2009. "Social Security and Future Generations," Chapters, in: Handbook of Research on Costâ€“Benefit Analysis, chapter 16 Edward Elgar.
- Cagetti, Marco, 2003. "Wealth Accumulation over the Life Cycle and Precautionary Savings," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(3), pages 339-53, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:itaxpf:v:17:y:2010:i:6:p:640-661. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.