Yardstick competition and public sector innovation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Besley, Timothy & Smart, Michael, 2007.
"Fiscal restraints and voter welfare,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(3-4), pages 755-773, April.
- Besley, Timothy & Smart, Michael, 2005. "Fiscal restraints and voter welfare," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3769, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Timothy Besley & Michael Smart, 2005. "Fiscal Restraints and Voter Welfare," STICERD - Political Economy and Public Policy Paper Series 06, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Kotsogiannis, Christos & Schwager, Robert, 2006.
"On the incentives to experiment in federations,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 484-497, November.
- Christos Kotsogiannis & Robert Schwager, 2005. "On the Incentives to Experiment in Federations," Discussion Papers 0507, University of Exeter, Department of Economics.
- Christos Kotsogiannis & Robert Schwager, 2005. "On the Incentives to Experiment in Federations," CESifo Working Paper Series 1585, CESifo Group Munich.
- Buettner, Thiess, 2006.
"The incentive effect of fiscal equalization transfers on tax policy,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 477-497, February.
- Büttner, Thiess, 2005. "The Incentive Effect of Fiscal Equalization Transfers on Tax Policy," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 37, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Thiess Büttner, 2005. "The Incentive Effect of Fiscal Equalization Transfers on Tax Policy," CESifo Working Paper Series 1404, CESifo Group Munich.
- Paul Belleflamme & Jean Hindriks, 2005.
"Yardstick competition and political agency problems,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 24(1), pages 155-169, September.
- Paul Belleflamme & Jean Hindriks, 2001. "Yardstick Competition and Political Agency Problems," Working Papers 441, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- BELLEFLAMME, Paul & HINDRIKS, Jean, 2002. "Yardstick competition and political agency problems," CORE Discussion Papers 2002029, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Rincke, Johannes, 2006. "Competition in the public school sector: Evidence on strategic interaction among US school districts," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 352-369, May.
- Smith, Richard J & Blundell, Richard W, 1986. "An Exogeneity Test for a Simultaneous Equation Tobit Model with an Application to Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 679-685, May.
- Maarten Allers & J. Elhorst, 2005. "Tax Mimicking and Yardstick Competition Among Local Governments in the Netherlands," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 12(4), pages 493-513, August.
- Caroline Minter Hoxby, 2003. "School Choice and School Productivity. Could School Choice Be a Tide that Lifts All Boats?," NBER Chapters,in: The Economics of School Choice, pages 287-342 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Federico Revelli, 2005. "On Spatial Public Finance Empirics," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 12(4), pages 475-492, August.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 1998. "Testing for Strategic Interaction Among Local Governments: The Case of Growth Controls," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 438-467, November.
- David Hirshleifer & Siew Hong Teoh, 2003.
"Herd Behaviour and Cascading in Capital Markets: a Review and Synthesis,"
European Financial Management,
European Financial Management Association, vol. 9(1), pages 25-66.
- Hirshleifer, David & Teoh, Siew Hong, 2001. "Herd Behavior and Cascading in Capital Markets: A Review and Synthesis," MPRA Paper 5186, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mário Rubem Do Coutto Bastos & Mário Rubem Do Coutto Bastos, 2016. "Yardstick Competition E A Disciplina Eleitoral No Programa Bolsa Família," Anais do XLIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 43rd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 070, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- repec:kap:pubcho:v:172:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11127-017-0460-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Hefeker, Carsten & Neugart, Michael, 2018.
"Non-cooperative and cooperative policy reforms under uncertainty and spillovers,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 94-102.
- Carsten Hefeker & Michael Neugart, 2017. "Non-cooperative and Cooperative Policy Reforms under Uncertainty and Spillovers," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201707, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Carsten Hefeker & Michael Neugart, 2017. "Non-cooperative and Cooperative Policy Reforms under Uncertainty and Spillovers," Volkswirtschaftliche Diskussionsbeiträge 181-17, Universität Siegen, Fakultät Wirtschaftswissenschaften, Wirtschaftsinformatik und Wirtschaftsrecht.
- Carsten Hefeker & Michael Neugart, 2017. "Non-cooperative and Cooperative Policy Reforms under Uncertainty and Spillovers," CESifo Working Paper Series 6329, CESifo Group Munich.
- Zareh Asatryan & Annika Havlik & Frank Streif, 2017.
"Vetoing and inaugurating policy like others do: evidence on spatial interactions in voter initiatives,"
Springer, vol. 172(3), pages 525-544, September.
- Asatryan, Zareh & Havlik, Annika & Streif, Frank, 2015. "Vetoing and inaugurating policy like others do: Evidence on spatial interactions in voter initiatives," ZEW Discussion Papers 15-054, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Streif, Frank & Asatryan, Zareh & Havlik, Annika, 2016. "Vetoing and Inaugurating Policy Like Others Do: Evidence on Spatial Interactions in Voter Initiatives," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145602, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Terra, Rafael & Mattos, Enlinson, 2017.
"Accountability and yardstick competition in the public provision of education,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 15-30.
- Terra, Rafael & Mattos, Enlinson, 2015. "Accountability and yardstick competition in the public provision of education," Textos para discussão 387, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Burge, Gregory S. & Piper, Brian, 2012. "Strategic Fiscal Interdependence: County and Municipal Adoptions of Local Option Sales Taxes," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 65(2), pages 387-415, June.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic sector innovation; Yardstick competition; School districts; Public schools; D78; D82; H77;
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:itaxpf:v:16:y:2009:i:3:p:337-361. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.