A case for taxing education
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Emmanuel Saez, 2000.
"Using Elasticities to Derive Optimal Income Tax Rates,"
NBER Working Papers
7628, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Saez, Emmanuel, 2001. "Using Elasticities to Derive Optimal Income Tax Rates," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(1), pages 205-29, January.
- James Heckman, 2011.
"Policies to foster human capital,"
Higher School of Economics, issue 3, pages 73-137.
- James Heckman, 2000. "Policies to Foster Human Capital," Working Papers 0028, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- James J. Heckman, 1999. "Policies to Foster Human Capital," NBER Working Papers 7288, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James J. Heckman, 2000. "Policies to Foster Human Capital," JCPR Working Papers 154, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Boadway, R. & Marchand, M., 1990.
"The use of public expenditures for distributive purposes,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1990066, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Boadway, Robin & Marchand, Maurice, 1995. "The Use of Public Expenditures for Redistributive Purposes," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 45-59, January.
- Robin W. Boadway & Maurice Marchand, 1990. "The Use of Public Expenditure for Distributive Purpose," Working Papers 796, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Mirrlees, James A, 1971. "An Exploration in the Theory of Optimum Income Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(114), pages 175-208, April.
- Eckstein, Z. & Zilcha, I., 1991.
"The Effects of Compulsury Schooling on Growth Income Distribution and Welfare,"
38-91, Tel Aviv.
- Eckstein, Zvi & Zilcha, Itzhak, 1994. "The effects of compulsory schooling on growth, income distribution and welfare," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 339-359, July.
- Zvi Eckstein & Itzhak Zilcha, 1991. "The Effects of Compulsory Schooling on Growth, Income Distribution and Welfare," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 20, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Gianni de Fraja, 2002.
"The Design of Optimal Education Policies,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 69(2), pages 437-466.
- Gradstein, Mark, 2000.
"An economic rationale for public education: The value of commitment,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 463-474, April.
- Mark Gradstein, 1999. "An Economic Rationale for Public Education: The Value of Commitment," CESifo Working Paper Series 209, CESifo Group Munich.
- Boadway, Robin & Marceau, Nicolas & Marchand, Maurice, 1996.
"Investment in Education and the Time Inconsistency of Redistributive Tax Policy,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 63(250), pages 171-89, May.
- Robin Boadway & Nicolas Marceau & Maurice Marchand, 1992. "Investment in Education and the Time Inconsistency of Redistributive Tax Policy," Working Papers 860, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Tuomala, Matti, 1986. "On the optimal income taxation and educational decisions," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 183-198, July.
- Craig Brett & John A. Weymark, 2000.
"Financing Education Using Optimal Redistributive Taxation,"
Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers
0038, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics, revised May 2001.
- Brett, Craig & Weymark, John A., 2003. "Financing education using optimal redistributive taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(11), pages 2549-2569, October.
- Darío Maldonado, 2008. "Education policies and optimal taxation," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 131-143, April.
- Pedro Carneiro & James J. Heckman, 2002.
"The Evidence on Credit Constraints in Post--secondary Schooling,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(482), pages 705-734, October.
- Pedro Carneiro & James J. Heckman, 2002. "The Evidence on Credit Constraints in Post-Secondary Schooling," NBER Working Papers 9055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carneiro, Pedro & Heckman, James J., 2002. "The Evidence on Credit Constraints in Post-Secondary Schooling," IZA Discussion Papers 518, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Barham, Vicky & Boadway, Robin & Marchand, Maurice & Pestieau, Pierre, 1995.
"Education and the poverty trap,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 1257-1275, August.
- Angus Deaton, 1979.
"Optimal Taxes and the Structure of Preferences,"
506, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Tomer Blumkin & Efraim Sadka, 2005. "A Case for Taxing Education," CESifo Working Paper Series 1440, CESifo Group Munich.
- Alan Krause, 2006. "Redistributive Taxation and Public Education," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 8(5), pages 807-819, December.
- Atkinson, A. B. & Stiglitz, J. E., 1976. "The design of tax structure: Direct versus indirect taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 55-75.
- Deaton, Angus, 1979. "Optimally uniform commodity taxes," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 357-361.
- Ulph, David, 1977. "On the optimal distribution of income and educational expenditure," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 341-356, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:itaxpf:v:15:y:2008:i:2:p:145-163. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.