Debating Proposed Reforms of the Taxation of Corporate Income in the European Union
This paper reviews the European Commission's latest proposals (European Commission, 2002) for the co-ordination of corporation taxes within the EU. It provides a brief summary of the report, and then investigates the nature of the tax obstacles identified by the Commission, the conceptual basis of the location of taxation, and the relatively novel lack of attention to the integration of corporate and personal taxes. Copyright Kluwer Academic Publishers 2004
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 11 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Postal:P.O. Box 86 04 46, 81631 Munich, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)89-9224-1281
Fax: +49 (0)89-907795-2281
Web page: http://www.iipf.org/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/public+finance/journal/10797/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- S¯ren Bo Nielsen & Pascalis Raimondos-M¯ller & Guttorm Schjelderup, 2003.
"Formula Apportionment and Transfer Pricing under Oligopolistic Competition,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 5(2), pages 419-437, 04.
- Søren Bo Nielsen & Pascalis Raimondos-Møller & Guttorm Schjelderup, "undated". "Formula Apportionment and Transfer Pricing under Oligopolistic Competition," EPRU Working Paper Series 01-05, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Søren Bo Nielsen & Pascalis Raimondos-Møller & Guttorm Schjelderup, 2001. "Formula Apportionment and Transfer Pricing under Oligopolistic Competition," CESifo Working Paper Series 491, CESifo Group Munich.
- Nielsen, Søren Bo & Raimondos-Møller, Pascalis & Schjederup, Guttorm, 2000. "Formula Apportionment And Transfer Pricing Under Oligopolistic Competition," Working Papers 18-2000, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim, 1991.
"International tax competition and gains from tax harmonization,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 69-76, September.
- Assaf Razin & Efraim Sadka, 1989. "International Tax Competition and Gains from Tax Harmonization," NBER Working Papers 3152, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Desai, Mihir A. & Hines, James R. Jr., 2003. "Evaluating International Tax Reform," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 56(3), pages 487-502, September.
- Gordon, Roger H & Wilson, John Douglas, 1986. "An Examination of Multijurisdictional Corporate Income Taxation under Formula Apportionment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(6), pages 1357-1373, November.
- Sijbren Cnossen, 1996. "Company Taxes in the European Union: Criteria and Options for Reform," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 17(4), pages 67-97, November.
- Devereux, Michael P. & Griffith, Rachel, 2002.
"Evaluating Tax Policy for Location Decisions,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3247, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Walter Hellerstein & Charles E. McLure, Jr., 2004. "The European Commission's Report on Company Income Taxation: What the EU Can Learn from the Experience of the US States," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 11(2), pages 199-220, 03.
- Grubert, Harry & Newlon, T. Scott, 1995. "The International Implications of Consumption Tax Proposals," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 48(4), pages 619-47, December.
- Mintz, Jack & Weiner, Joann Martens, 2003. "Exploring Formula Allocation for the European Union," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 10(6), pages 695-711, November.
- Bradford, David F, 2003.
"Addressing the Transfer-Pricing Problem in an Origin-Basis X Tax,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 10(5), pages 591-610, September.
- David Bradford, 2003. "Addressing the Transfer-Pricing Problem in an Origin-Basis X Tax," CESifo Working Paper Series 997, CESifo Group Munich.
- David F. Bradford, 2003. "Addressing the Transfer-Pricing Problem in an Origin-Basis X Tax," NBER Working Papers 9843, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gordon, Roger H, 1986. "Taxation of Investment and Savings in a World Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 1086-1102, December.
- Bond, Stephen Roy & Devereux, Michael P., 2002. "Cash Flow Taxes in an Open Economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 3401, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:itaxpf:v:11:y:2004:i:1:p:71-89. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.