Experimental asset markets with endogenous choice of costly asymmetric information
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sunder, Shyam, 1992. "Market for Information: Experimental Evidence," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(3), pages 667-695, May.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1980.
"On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 393-408, June.
- Sanford J Grossman & Joseph E Stiglitz, 1997. "On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1908, David K. Levine.
- Hellwig, Martin F., 1982.
"Rational expectations equilibrium with conditioning on past prices: A mean-variance example,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 279-312, April.
- HELLWIG, Martin F., 1982. "Rational expectations equilibrium with conditioning on past prices: a mean-variance example," CORE Discussion Papers RP 480, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
- Thomas Stöckl & Jürgen Huber & Michael Kirchler, 2010. "Bubble measures in experimental asset markets," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 13(3), pages 284-298, September.
- Greiner, Ben, 2004. "An Online Recruitment System for Economic Experiments," MPRA Paper 13513, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Copeland, Thomas E & Friedman, Daniel, 1992. "The Market Value of Information: Some Experimental Results," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(2), pages 241-266, April.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Rothkopf, Michael H & Teisberg, Thomas J & Kahn, Edward P, 1990. "Why Are Vickrey Auctions Rare?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(1), pages 94-109, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Esther B. Brio & Ilidio Lopes-e-Silva & Javier Perote, 2016. "Effects of opportunistic behaviors on security markets: an experimental approach to insider trading and earnings management," Economia Politica: Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics, Springer;Fondazione Edison, vol. 33(3), pages 379-402, December.
- Halim, Edward & Riyanto, Yohanes Eko & Roy, Nilanjan, 2017. "Costly Information Acquisition, Social Networks and Asset Prices: Experimental Evidence," MPRA Paper 80658, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas Stoeckl, 2013. "Price efficiency and trading behavior in limit order markets with competing insiders," Working Papers 2013-11, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Thomas Stöckl, 2014. "Price efficiency and trading behavior in limit order markets with competing insiders," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 17(2), pages 314-334, June.
- Page, Lionel & Siemroth, Christoph, 2017. "An experimental analysis of information acquisition in prediction markets," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 354-378.
- repec:eee:finmar:v:35:y:2017:i:c:p:104-129 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stefan Palan & Thomas Stöckl, 2014. "When chasing the offender hurts the victim: Collateral damage from insider legislation," Working Paper Series, Social and Economic Sciences 2014-03, Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences, Karl-Franzens-University Graz.
More about this item
KeywordsInformation costs; Asset markets; Experiment; Value of information; Asymmetric information; C91; D82; G1;
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:expeco:v:14:y:2011:i:2:p:223-240. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .