The most popular tax in Europe? Lessons from the Irish plastic bags levy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Adam B. Jaffe et al., 1995. "Environmental Regulation and the Competitiveness of U.S. Manufacturing: What Does the Evidence Tell Us?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(1), pages 132-163, March.
- Lawrence Goulder, 1995. "Environmental taxation and the double dividend: A reader's guide," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 2(2), pages 157-183, August.
- Baumol,William J. & Oates,Wallace E., 1988. "The Theory of Environmental Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521322249, March.
- Chongwoo Choe & Iain Fraser, 2001. "On the Flexibility of Optimal Policies for Green Design," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 18(4), pages 367-371, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Doreen Fedrigo-Fazio & Jean-Pierre Schweitzer & Patrick ten Brink & Leonardo Mazza & Alison Ratliff & Emma Watkins, 2016. "Evidence of Absolute Decoupling from Real World Policy Mixes in Europe," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(6), pages 1-22, May.
- repec:spr:endesu:v:19:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10668-016-9791-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Steven M. Smith, 2017. "Economic Incentives and Conservation: Crowding-in Social Norms in a Groundwater Commons," Working Papers 2017-08, Colorado School of Mines, Division of Economics and Business.
- Jason Delaney & Sarah Jacobson, 2016.
"Payments or Persuasion: Common Pool Resource Management with Price and Non-price Measures,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 65(4), pages 747-772, December.
- Delaney, Jason & Jacobson, Sarah, 2013. "Payments or persuasion: common pool resource management with price and non-price measures," Department of Economics Working Papers 2013-02, Department of Economics, Williams College, revised Mar 2015.
- Sebastián J. Miller & Mauricio A. Vela, 2013. "Are Environmentally Related Taxes Effective?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4685, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Johane Dikgang & Martine Visser, 2012.
"Behavioural Response To Plastic Bag Legislation In Botswana,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 80(1), pages 123-133, March.
- Dikgang, Johane & Visser, Martine, 2010. "Behavioral Response to Plastic Bag Legislation in Botswana," Discussion Papers dp-10-13-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Flora Budianto & Jana Lippelt, 2010. "Kurz zum Klima: Plastiktüten - nicht länger tragbar," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 63(14), pages 41-43, July.
- Norton, D. & Hynes, S., 2014. "A Choice Experiment Approach to assess the costs of degradation as specified by the EU Marine Strategy Framework Directive," Working Papers 186382, Socio-Economic Marine Research Unit, National University of Ireland, Galway.
- Benno Torgler & Maria A. Garcia-Valinas & Alison Macintyre, 2012.
"Justifiability of Littering: An Empirical Investigation,"
White Horse Press, vol. 21(2), pages 209-231, May.
- Benno Torgler & MarÃa A.GarcÃa-ValiÃ±as & Alison Macintyre, 2008. "Justifiability of Littering: An Empirical Investigation," CREMA Working Paper Series 2008-08, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Benno Torgler & Maria A. Garcia-Valinas & Alison Macintyre, 2008. "Justifiability of Littering: An Empirical Investigation," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 233, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology, revised 17 Jun 2008.
- Benno Torgler & María A.García-Valiñas & Alison Macintyre, 2008. "Justifiability of Littering: An Empirical Investigation," Working Papers 2008.59, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Romaniuc Rustam, 2016.
"What Makes Law to Change Behavior? An Experimental Study,"
Review of Law & Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 12(2), pages 447-475, July.
- Romaniuc, Rustam, 2015. "What makes Law to change Behavior? An experimental study," IEL Working Papers 20, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Taylor, Rebecca & Villas-Boas, Sofia B., 2015. "Bans versus Fees: Disposable Carryout Bag Policies and Bag Usage," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 204783, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Cherry, Todd L. & Kallbekken, Steffen & Kroll, Stephan, 2014. "The impact of trial runs on the acceptability of environmental taxes: Experimental evidence," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 84-95.
- Shaun Larcom & Luca A. Panzone & Timothy Swanson, 2017. "Follow-the-leader? Measuring the internalisation of law," CIES Research Paper series 50-2017, Centre for International Environmental Studies, The Graduate Institute.
- Harald SCHOENBERGER & David STYLES & Jose Luis GALVEZ MARTOS, 2013. "Best Environmental Management Practice in the Retail Trade Sector," JRC Working Papers JRC76036, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Friedrich, Laura A. & Jefferson, Rebecca & Glegg, Gillian, 2014. "Public perceptions of sharks: Gathering support for shark conservation," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 1-7.
- Don Fullerton & Andrew Leicester & Stephen Smith, 2008. "Environmental Taxes," NBER Working Papers 14197, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tatiana A. Homonoff, 2013. "Can Small Incentives Have Large Effects? The Impact of Taxes versus Bonuses on Disposable Bag Use," Working Papers 1483, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental taxes; Product taxes; Plastic bag tax; Litter; Ireland;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:38:y:2007:i:1:p:1-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .