The problem of constitutional legitimation: what the debate on electoral quotas tells us about the legitimacy of decision-making rules in constitutional choice
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baltrunaite, Audinga & Bello, Piera & Casarico, Alessandra & Profeta, Paola, 2014.
"Gender quotas and the quality of politicians,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 62-74.
- Audinga Baltrunaite & Piera Bello & Alessandra Casarico & Paola Profeta, 2012. "Gender Quotas and the Quality of Politicians," CESifo Working Paper Series 3734, CESifo Group Munich.
- Audinga Baltrunaite & Piera Bello & Alessandra Casarico & Paola Profeta, 2013. "Gender quotas and the quality of politicians," Working Papers 2013-11, FEDEA.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:75:y:1981:i:03:p:701-716_17 is not listed on IDEAS
- Campbell, Rosie & Childs, Sarah & Lovenduski, Joni, 2010. "Do Women Need Women Representatives?," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(01), pages 171-194, January.
More about this item
KeywordsConstitutional theory; Constitutional choice; Affirmative action; Formal equality; Substantive equality; Electoral quotas; Feminist theory; Calculus of Consent;
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
- H1 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:copoec:v:28:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10602-016-9233-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.