Searching NK Fitness Landscapes: On the Trade Off Between Speed and Quality in Complex Problem Solving
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nicolás Garrido, 2004. "The Desirable Organizational Structure for Evolutionary Firms in Static Landscapes," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(2-3), pages 318-331, May.
- Frenken, Koen, 2006. "A fitness landscape approach to technological complexity, modularity, and vertical disintegration," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 288-305, September.
- Heiner, Ronald A, 1983. "The Origin of Predictable Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 560-595, September.
- Auerswald, Philip & Kauffman, Stuart & Lobo, Jose & Shell, Karl, 2000.
"The production recipes approach to modeling technological innovation: An application to learning by doing,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 389-450, March.
- Philip Auerswald & Stuart Kauffman & Jose Lobo & Karl Shell, 1998. "The Production Recipes Approach to Modeling Technological Innovation: An Application to Learning By Doing," Working Papers 98-11-100, Santa Fe Institute.
- Fleming, Lee & Sorenson, Olav, 2001. "Technology as a complex adaptive system: evidence from patent data," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1019-1039, August.
- Gibbons, Michael & Johnston, Ron, 1974. "The roles of science in technological innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 220-242, November.
- Giorgio Fagiolo & Luigi Marengo & Marco Valente, 2005. "Population Learning in a Model with Random Payoff Landscapes and Endogenous Networks," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 24(4), pages 383-408, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Koen Frenken & Stefan Mendritzki, 2012.
"Optimal modularity: a demonstration of the evolutionary advantage of modular architectures,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 22(5), pages 935-956, November.
- Koen Frenken & Stefan Mendritzki, 2011. "Optimal modularity: A demonstration of the evolutionary advantage of modular architectures," Working Papers 11-03, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies, revised Jun 2011.
- William M. Tracy & Dmitri G. Markovitch & Lois S. Peters & B. V. Phani & Deepu Philip, 2017. "Algorithmic Representations of Managerial Search Behavior," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 49(3), pages 343-361, March.
More about this item
KeywordsNK-model; Innovation; Search processes; Complexity reduction; Modularity; Decomposition;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:compec:v:35:y:2010:i:4:p:395-406. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .