Migrant Remittances Provide Resilience Against Disasters in Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tilman Brück & Wim Naudé & Philip Verwimp, 2013. "Business under Fire: Entrepreneurship and Violent Conflict in Developing Countries," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/167759, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- John Page & Sonia Plaza, 2006. "Migration Remittances and Development: A Review of Global Evidence," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 15(2), pages 245-336, December.
- Lotta ThemnÃ©r & Peter Wallensteen, 2013. "Armed Conflicts, 1946â€“2012," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 50(4), pages 509-521, July.
- David Antonio C., 2011.
"How do International Financial Flows to Developing Countries Respond to Natural Disasters?,"
Global Economy Journal,
De Gruyter, vol. 11(4), pages 1-38, December.
- Antonio David, 2010. "How do International Financial Flows to Developing Countries Respond to Natural Disasters?," IMF Working Papers 10/166, International Monetary Fund.
- Raju Jan Singh & Markus Haacker & Kyung-woo Lee & Maëlan Le Goff, 2011.
"Determinants and Macroeconomic Impact of Remittances in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 20(2), pages 312-340, March.
- Raju J Singh & Kyung-woo Lee & Markus Haacker, 2009. "Determinants and Macroeconomic Impact of Remittances in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 09/216, International Monetary Fund.
- Maëlan Le Goff & Markus Haacker & Kyung-Woo Lee & Raju Jan Singh, 2011. "Determinants and Macroeconomic Impact of Remittances in Sub-Saharan Africa," Post-Print halshs-00569044, HAL.
- BARRIOS, Salvador & BERTINELLI, Luisito & STROBL, Eric, 2003.
"Dry times in Africa: Rainfall and Africa's growth performance,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2003061, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Barrios, Salvador & Bertinelli, Luisito & Strobl, Eric, 2003. "Dry Times in Africa: Rainfall and Africa's Growth Performance," MPRA Paper 5705, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Albert Bollard & David McKenzie & Melanie Morten, 2009.
"The Remitting Patterns of African Migrants in the OECD,"
CReAM Discussion Paper Series
0921, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Bollard, Albert & McKenzie, David & Morten, Melanie, 2010. "The remitting patterns of African migrants in the OECD," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5260, The World Bank.
- Erik Lueth & Marta Ruiz-Arranz, 2006. "A Gravity Model of Workers’ Remittances," IMF Working Papers 06/290, International Monetary Fund.
- Sanket Mohapatra & George Joseph & Dilip Ratha, 2012.
"Remittances and natural disasters: ex-post response and contribution to ex-ante preparedness,"
Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development,
Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 365-387, June.
- Mohapatra, Sanket & Joseph, George & Ratha, Dilip, 2009. "Remittances and natural disasters : ex-post response and contribution to ex-ante preparedness," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4972, The World Bank.
- Freund, Caroline & Spatafora, Nikola, 2008. "Remittances, transaction costs, and informality," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 356-366, June.
- Ratha, Dilip & Mohapatra, Sanket & Plaza, Sonia, 2008. "Beyond aid : new sources and innovative mechanisms for financing development in Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4609, The World Bank.
- Ibrahim Sirkeci & Jeffrey H. Cohen & Dilip Ratha, 2012. "Migration and Remittances during the Global Financial Crisis and Beyond," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13092, June.
- El-Sakka, M. I. T. & McNabb, Robert, 1999. "The Macroeconomic Determinants of Emigrant Remittances," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1493-1502, August.
- Lucas, Robert E B & Stark, Oded, 1985. "Motivations to Remit: Evidence from Botswana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(5), pages 901-918, October.
- Cynthia Buckley & Erin Trouth Hofmann, 2012. "Are Remittances an Effective Mechanism for Development? Evidence from Tajikistan, 1999--2007," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(8), pages 1121-1138, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:taf:jdevst:v:54:y:2018:i:3:p:481-500 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giulia Bettin & Alberto Zazzaro, 2018.
"The Impact of Natural Disasters on Remittances to Low- and Middle-Income Countries,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 54(3), pages 481-500, March.
- Giulia Bettin & Alberto Zazzaro, 2016. "The Impact of Natural Disasters on Remittances to Low- and Middle-income Countries," CSEF Working Papers 431, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Giulia Bettin & Alberto Zazzaro, 2016. "The Impact of Natural Disasters on Remittances to Low- and Middle-income Countries," Development Working Papers 393, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano, revised 30 May 2016.
- Giulia Bettin & Alberto Zazzaro, 2016. "The impact of natural disasters on remittances to low- and middle-income countries," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 120, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
More about this item
KeywordsRemittances; Migration; Disasters; Global financial crisis; Africa; F24; F22; O55;
- F24 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Remittances
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:atlecj:v:42:y:2014:i:1:p:79-90. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.