Gravity model: An application to trade between regional blocs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2003.
"Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 170-192, March.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2000. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 485, Boston College Department of Economics.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2001. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 8079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bergstrand, Jeffrey H, 1985. "The Gravity Equation in International Trade: Some Microeconomic Foundations and Empirical Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(3), pages 474-481, August.
- Laszlo Matyas, 1997. "Proper Econometric Specification of the Gravity Model," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 363-368, May.
- I-Hui Cheng & Howard J. Wall, 2005.
"Controlling for heterogeneity in gravity models of trade and integration,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 49-63.
- I-Hui Cheng & Howard J. Wall, 2004. "Controlling for heterogeneity in gravity models of trade and integration," Working Papers 1999-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Rodolphe Blavy, 2001. "Trade in the Mashreq; An Empirical Examination," IMF Working Papers 01/163, International Monetary Fund.
- Alan Deardorff, 1998.
"Determinants of Bilateral Trade: Does Gravity Work in a Neoclassical World?,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Regionalization of the World Economy, pages 7-32
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan V. Deardorff, 1995. "Determinants of Bilateral Trade: Does Gravity Work in a Neoclassical World?," NBER Working Papers 5377, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deardorff, A.V., 1995. "Determinants of Bilateral Trade : Does Gravity Work in a Neoclassical World?," Papers 95-05, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Soloaga, Isidro & Alan Wintersb, L., 2001.
"Regionalism in the nineties: what effect on trade?,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Soloaga, Isidro & Winters, L. Alan, 1999. "Regionalism in the Nineties: What Effect on Trade?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2183, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Endoh, Masahiro, 1999.
"The transition of postwar Asia-Pacific trade relations,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 571-589.
- Endoh, Masahiro, 1998. "The Transition of Postwar Asia-Pacific Trade Relations," ビジネス創造センターディスカッション・ペーパー (Discussion papers of the Center for Business Creation) 10252/4237, Otaru University of Commerce.
- Fritz Breuss & Peter Egger, 1999. "How Reliable Are Estimations of East-West Trade Potentials Based on Cross-Section Gravity Analyses?," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 81-94, June.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1996. "Intra-National versus International Trade: How Stubborn are Nations in Global Integration?," NBER Working Papers 5531, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1987. "Imperfect competition and international trade: Evidence from fourteen industrial countries," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 62-81, March.
- Limao, Nuno & Venables, Anthony J., 1999. "Infrastructure, geographical disadvantage, and transport costs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2257, The World Bank.
- Egger, Peter, 2000.
"A note on the proper econometric specification of the gravity equation,"
Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 25-31, January.
- Peter Egger, "undated". "A Note on the Proper Econometric Specification of the Gravity Equation," WIFO Working Papers 108, WIFO.
- Anderson, James E, 1979. "A Theoretical Foundation for the Gravity Equation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 106-116, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Diagne, Mandiaye & Abele, Steffen & Diagne, Aliou & Seck, Papa Abdoulaye, 2012. "Agricultural trade for food security in Africa: A Ricardian model approach," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 123842, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Festus Ebo Turkson, "undated". "Trade Agreements and Bilateral Trade in Sub-Saharan Africa: Estimating the Trade Effects of the EU-ACP PTA and RTAs," Discussion Papers 12/07, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Byambasuren, Tsenguunjav & Gochoo, Munkh-Erdene, 2015. "Optimizing the Structure of Mongolian Foreign Trade and the Alternative Policy of Successful Transition," MPRA Paper 61803, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ana Lúcia Marto Sargento, 2007. "Empirical Examination of the Gravity Model in two Different Contexts: Estimation and Explanation," Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft, Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 27(2), pages 103-127, August.
- Cardamone, Paola, 2007.
"A Survey of the Assessments of the Effectiveness of Preferential Trade Agreements using Gravity Models,"
Economia Internazionale / International Economics,
Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 60(4), pages 421-473.
- Cardamone, Paola, 2007. "A survey of the assessments of the effectiveness of Preferential Trade Agreements using gravity models," Working Papers 7282, TRADEAG - Agricultural Trade Agreements.
- Gani, Azmat & Scrimgeour, Frank, 2016. "New Zealand's trade with Asia and the role of good governance," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 36-53.
- Diagne, Mandiaye & Abele, Steffen & Diagne, Aliou & Seck, Papa Abdoulaye, 2013. "Agricultural trade for food security in Africa: A Ricardian model approach," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161466, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Peridy, Nicolas, 2005. "The trade effects of the Euro-Mediterranean partnership: what are the lessons for ASEAN countries?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 125-139, February.
- Josheski, Dushko & Apostolov, Mico, 2013. "Macedonia’s exports and the gravity model," MPRA Paper 48180, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:12:y:2006:i:1:p:91-103 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jose Pavía & Bernardi Cabrer & Luis Vila, 2006. "Interregional Trade Linkages and the Commercial Role: The Spanish Case," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 12(1), pages 91-103, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:atlecj:v:31:y:2003:i:2:p:174-187. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.