Rural Industrial Location: The Impact of Firm Size
This study explores the location preferences for firms of different sizes, using a varying coefficient model to study the relationships underlying industrial location and economic development in the rural Southeast. The model distinguishes between the ability of a county to attract industry both independent of distance and as a function of its distance to the nearest urban center.
Volume (Year): 8 (1993)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web: http://pages.jh.edu/jrer/about/get.htm Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Erickson, Rodney A. & Wasylenko, Michael, 1980. "Firm relocation and site selection in suburban municipalities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 69-85, July.
- Johnson, S. R. & Kau, James B., 1980. "Urban spatial structure: An analysis with a varying coefficient model," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 141-154, March.
- Black, Dan A & Hoyt, William H, 1989. "Bidding for Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1249-1256, December.
- Carlton, Dennis W, 1983. "The Location and Employment Choices of New Firms: An Econometric Model with Discrete and Continuous Endogenous Variables," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(3), pages 440-449, August.
- Ambrose, Brent W & Springer, Thomas M, 1993. "Spatial Variation of Nonmetropolitan Industrial Location," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 17-27, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:8:n:3:1993:p:387-400. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.