Technological Innovation in Real Estate Brokerage
This paper estimates the return to adopting a technological innovation when a house is put on the market. The innovation is the installation of a lockbox on the front door, to enhance security and facilitate increased showings with reduced communications time. The seller has a choice on whether or not to adopt the technology and makes this decision prior to knowing the selling outcomes. Estimates of the impact of the innovation on selling price and time to sell are presented for Washington, DC. For those sellers adopting, the innovation results in a higher sales price.
Volume (Year): 10 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web: http://pages.jh.edu/jrer/about/get.htm Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Witte, Ann D & Sumka, Howard J & Erekson, Homer, 1979. "An Estimate of a Structural Hedonic Price Model of the Housing Market: An Application of Rosen's Theory of Implicit Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1151-73, September.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- John D. Benjamin & J. Sa-Aadu & James D. Shilling, 1992. "Influence of Rent Differentials on the Choice between Office Rent Contracts with and without Relocation Provisions," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 20(2), pages 289-302.
- Sidney B. Rosenberg & John B. Corgel, 1990. "Agency Costs in Apartment Property Management Contracts," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 18(2), pages 184-201.
- Williams, Joseph T, 1993. "Agency and Ownership of Housing," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 83-97, September.
- Abdullah Yavaş, 1992. "A Simple Search and Bargaining Model of Real Estate Markets," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 20(4), pages 533-548.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:10:n:1:1995:p:35-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.