The detection of earnings manipulation: the three-phase cutting plane algorithm using mathematical programming
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- J. V. Hansen & J. B. McDonald & W. F. Messier, Jr. & T. B. Bell, 1996. "A Generalized Qualitative-Response Model and the Analysis of Management Fraud," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(7), pages 1022-1032, July.
- Michael Doumpos & Constantin Zopounidis, 1999. "A Multicriteria Discrimination Method for the Prediction of Financial Distress: The Case of Greece," Multinational Finance Journal, Multinational Finance Journal, vol. 3(2), pages 71-101, June.
- Waters, Howard, 1990. "The recursive calculation of the moments of the profit on a sickness insurance policy," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2-3), pages 101-113, September.
- R. Slowinski & C. Zopounidis, 1995. "Application of the Rough Set Approach to Evaluation of Bankruptcy Risk," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(1), pages 27-41, March.
- Doumpos, M. & Kosmidou, K. & Baourakis, G. & Zopounidis, C., 2002. "Credit risk assessment using a multicriteria hierarchical discrimination approach: A comparative analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 138(2), pages 392-412, April.
- Teoh, Siew Hong & Welch, Ivo & Wong, T. J., 1998. "Earnings management and the underperformance of seasoned equity offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 63-99, October.
- Luoma, M & Laitinen, EK, 1991. "Survival analysis as a tool for company failure prediction," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 673-678.
- Beneish, Messod D., 1997. "Detecting GAAP violation: implications for assessing earnings management among firms with extreme financial performance," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 271-309.
- Hosseini, Jamshid C. & Armacost, Robert L., 1994. "The two-group discriminant problem with equal group mean vectors: An experimental evaluation of six linear/nonlinear programming formulations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 241-252, September.
- Ch. Spathis & M. Doumpos & C. Zopounidis, 2002. "Detecting falsified financial statements: a comparative study using multicriteria analysis and multivariate statistical techniques," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 509-535.
- Freed, Ned & Glover, Fred, 1981. "Simple but powerful goal programming models for discriminant problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 44-60, May.
- Lev, B & Thiagarajan, Sr, 1993. "Fundamental Information Analysis," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(2), pages 190-215.
- Derrick Reagle & Dominick Salvatore, 2000. "Forecasting Financial Crises in Emerging Market Economies," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 247-259, July.
- Jones, Jj, 1991. "Earnings Management During Import Relief Investigations," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 193-228.
- Stam, Antonie & Joachimsthaler, Erich A., 1990. "A comparison of a robust mixed-integer approach to existing methods for establishing classification rules for the discriminant problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 113-122, May.
- Zopounidis, Constantin & Doumpos, Michael, 1999. "A Multicriteria Decision Aid Methodology for Sorting Decision Problems: The Case of Financial Distress," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 14(3), pages 197-218, December.
- Srinivasan, Venkat & Ruparel, Bharat, 1990. "CGX: An expert support system for credit granting," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 293-308, April.
- Markowski, Carol A., 1994. "An adaptive statistical method for the discriminant problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 73(3), pages 480-486, March.
- Healy, Paul M., 1985. "The effect of bonus schemes on accounting decisions," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1-3), pages 85-107, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gaganis, Chrysovalantis & Hasan, Iftekhar & Pasiouras, Fotios, 2016.
"Regulations, institutions and income smoothing by managing technical reserves: International evidence from the insurance industry,"
Omega, Elsevier, vol. 59(PA), pages 113-129.
- Gaganis, Chrysovalantis & Hasan, Iftekhar & Pasiouras, Fotios, 2015. "Regulations, institutions and income smoothing by managing technical reserves: international evidence from the insurance industry," Research Discussion Papers 15/2015, Bank of Finland.
- repec:bof:bofrdp:urn:nbn:fi:bof-201508181354 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abdullah Albizri & Deniz Appelbaum & Nicholas Rizzotto, 2019. "Evaluation of financial statements fraud detection research: a multi-disciplinary analysis," International Journal of Disclosure and Governance, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 16(4), pages 206-241, December.
- Amani, Farzaneh A. & Fadlalla, Adam M., 2017. "Data mining applications in accounting: A review of the literature and organizing framework," International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 32-58.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jof:jforec:v:29:y:2010:i:5:p:442-466. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/2966 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.