Diskontraten: Endogen oder nicht endogen? / Disounting: Endogenous or not Endogenous?: Eine umweltrelevante Fragestellung / Implications for the Environment
This paper explores implications that arise for growth and environmental policy when discount rates are endogenous. Standard growth models usually assume discount rates to be independent of any economic or environmental considerations. In our paper we argue that discount rates depend upon the state of the environment.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 225 (2005)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.degruyter.com|
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/jbnst|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giuseppe Ferraguto & Patrizio Pagano, 2000.
"Endogenous Growth with Intertemporally Dependent Preferences,"
Temi di discussione (Economic working papers)
382, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Ferraguto Giuseppe & Pagano Patrizio, 2003. "Endogenous Growth with Intertemporally Dependent Preferences," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-40, November.
- Ferraguto, G. & Pagano, P., 2000. "Endogenous Growth with Intertemporally Dependent Preferences," Papers 382, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Becker, Robert A. & Boyd, John III & Sung, Bom Yong, 1989. "Recursive utility and optimal capital accumulation. I. Existence," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 76-100, February.
- Smulders, J.A. & Gradus, R.H.J.M., 1993.
"The trade-off between environmental care and long-term growth : Pollution in three proto-type growth models,"
Other publications TiSEM
f3ec6de7-f996-4ac0-b872-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Raymond Gradus & Sjak Smulders, 1993. "The trade-off between environmental care and long-term growth—Pollution in three prototype growth models," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 25-51, February.
- Das, Mausumi, 2003. "Optimal growth with decreasing marginal impatience," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 1881-1898, August.
- Epstein, Larry G., 1987. "A simple dynamic general equilibrium model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 68-95, February.
- Bovenberg, A.L. & Smulders, J.A., 1994.
"Transitional impact of environmental policy in an endogenous growth model,"
1994-50, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bovenberg, A Lans & Smulders, Sjak A, 1996. "Transitional Impacts of Environmental Policy in an Endogenous Growth Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 37(4), pages 861-893, November.
- Bovenberg, A.L. & Smulders, J.A., 1996. "Transitional impacts of environmental policy in an endogenous growth model," Other publications TiSEM e002b2ed-f04f-4ffc-98f8-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Frank Hettich, 1998. "Growth effects of a revenue-neutral environmental tax reform," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 67(3), pages 287-316, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jns:jbstat:v:225:y:2005:i:4:p:441-458. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.